my Recycle Bin icon indicates that there are contents waiting to be emptied... when i open it. there is nothing there.

when i hit "empty recycle bin" a message comes up that says...

"are you sure you want to delete WINDOWS?"

i didn't. why is this happening? is it related to the other problems i've been having?? what with viruses and spyware?

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

is it related to the other problems i've been having?? what with viruses and spyware?

Which other problems?

If you've posted threads relating to those problems, please give us links to those in your next post in this thread.

If not, please descibe the "other problems" in detail in your next post in this thread.

OK- you're logs in that thread do look pretty infested. Let's keep following through with cleaning procedures in that thread for now.

In terms of the Recycle Bin problem though, you obviously don't want to empty the Bin given what you've described. Let's see if there are hidden items in the Bin:

* Open Windows Explorer, and in the Folder Options->View settings under the Tools menu, select "show hidden files and folders", and uncheck "Hide protected operating system files" and "Hide extentions for known file types".

* Locate the "Recycled" folder and double-click on it.

Does anything show up in there now that you've configured Explorer to show hidden files and folders?

For any kind of PC up gradation or PC maintenance a best place i know is you can have a look by yourself it deals with all kinds of pc problems virus removal, spyware problem etc. I hope you won't be disappointed because one of my friend referred me this site and by that time i am with this site and recommending others

The only guaranteed way to remove viruses is to reformat and reinstall windows. However there are two things you can try. First reboot and tap the F8 key then select Safe Mode With Networking. Start Internet Explorer, search for Bitdefender Online Scan and run it.

Reformat is only necessary in a minority of cases and is the pussies way out :D. Anyways, the OP has been and gone 3 years ago, so I doubt they will see this :).

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.