I'm at work and my wife calls me due to her Win7 PC acting up. It sounds like a FakeAV type of infection.

I Remote-Desktop to her PC from work and log on under my own account and my login is not infected. Task manager shows a suspicious program Hotfix.exe Setup running about 20% of the CPU.

I killed the program and was able to log on as her without the infection showing up. There was a browser page pointing to "something".cz.cc (don't remember the Url exactly). I closed it. I located the hotfix.exe under her \users\wife\appdata\roaming and deleted it.

I will run a malwarebytes scan later but I think she is OK now. She runs MS Security Essentials but it did not prevent the attack nor did a quickscan find anything.

Gary Davis

Recommended Answers

All 15 Replies

You absolutely must run MBA-M, just removing that one file would not remove the infection. It's very likely it is still there someplace. Right now it just can't run, But you must run an updated Full Scan with MBA-M and be sure to have it remove everything found and Reboot the system. That is vitally important.
Post back here with the log and we can give you other recommended steps if needed.
MSE would not have stopped this. This is a trojan, most av programs will not stop a trojan. One program that helps prevent them from getting onto the system is SpywareBlaster. Once the computer is assured to be clean then you need to install this, it is FREE and I would never run a computer without it. Doesn't run in the background and conflicts with nothing. Excellent program

You are right. I ran MalwareBytes and it found 4 related infections. This was with the quick-scan. I will take your recommendations an run the full scan.

Interesting info about SpywareBlaster - I am not familiar with it.

Log attached - If anything new is found by the full scan, I will attach it later.

Thanks,
Gary

Do not attach logs please. Paste them into your replies.

The full scan did find an additional infection that the quick scan did not:

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.46
www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: 5122

Windows 6.1.7600
Internet Explorer 8.0.7600.16385

11/15/2010 9:01:17 PM
mbam-log-2010-11-15 (21-01-17).txt

Scan type: Full scan (C:\|D:\|)
Objects scanned: 335482
Time elapsed: 1 hour(s), 33 minute(s), 55 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 1

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:
C:\Users\Deborah\AppData\LocalLow\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\6\5d603d86-1cf1542d (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

You know you are never going to get this computer clean. You last posted here six days ago. The scan log for the full scan was not updated prior to running and was done six days ago like the other one.
MBA-M is the first tool of choice for removing these types of infections, but never the only one used. Unless this computer has been fully powered off and not used and not connected to the internet for the past six days there is no reason to believe that additional infected files have not remained on the computer.
If you want to clean the computer then you will stick with this, without six days between posts. Because it has been so long I am going to ask you to update MBA-M and do another Full Scan with it. Have it remove everything found.
Next do the following:
Please Run the ESET Online Scanner

http://www.eset.com/onlinescan/scanner.php?i_agree=14

* You will need to temporarily Disable your current Anti-virus program.
* Be sure the option to Remove found threats is checked and the option to Scan unwanted applications is Checked.
* When you have completed that scan, a scanlog ought to have been created and located at C:\Program Files\EsetOnlineScanner\log.txt.

Post back here with both of those logs along with a system scan log from HijackThis version 2.0.4 http://free.antivirus.com/hijackthis/

If you don't return within a reasonable time this thread will be considered solved and closed.

Sorry - I did not have access to my wife's computer but did want to update the post though delayed. I did install the SpywareBlaster this afternoon. I am running a full MBA-M scan now and will run the ESET after as well as the hijackthis.

I appreciate the time you spend to help.

Gary Davis

Good enough Gary. Post the logs and I will take a look. Hopefully it's all gone but have to be certain.

Here is the first log - MBA-M (looks good):

www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: 5122

Windows 6.1.7600

11/22/2010 12:32:24 AM
mbam-log-2010-11-22 (00-32-24).txt

Objects scanned: 336969
Time elapsed: 2 hour(s), 32 minute(s), 10 second(s)

Files Infected: 0

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:

No, not so good. You didn't update MBA-M prior to this scan. You are still showing the database used with the first scan done 7 days ago. Current database is 5169. This is a key to using MBA-M, you absolutely must update the program prior to each scan, even if scans are done on the same day. The MBA-M people are constantly updating the database, they often have multiple updates in one day. Please update it and run the full scan again. Make this part of your routine when using the program, update first before you scan.

Good point. I will re-scan tonight with the updated MBA-M and also re-run the ESET. I took a Hijack snapshot but will re-do that too.

No need to re-scan with the ESET online scanner that would all be current if run today, post the log. HiJackThis we need to see a copy/paste of the actual log, not a snapshot of what you see.

I updated the MBA-M database and re-ran the scan and it found three items it did not find previously. I cleaned the three and rebooted. I then ran the HijackThis and both logs are attached. The ESET scan I ran this morning returned no issues.

Thanks for reviewing this.
Gary
------------------------------------

www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: 5173

Windows 6.1.7600

11/22/2010 7:13:50 PM
mbam-log-2010-11-22 (19-13-50).txt

Objects scanned: 338454
Time elapsed: 1 hour(s), 28 minute(s), 47 second(s)

Files Infected: 3

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:
C:\Users\Deborah\AppData\Local\Temp\~DF9B241996406CC8C8.TMP (Malware.Packer.Gen) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\Windows\Temp\TMP000000020FCE9F2AB1062A31 (Trojan.FakeMS) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Users\Deborah\AppData\Roaming\scgdfgasfbh.bat (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

------------------------------------

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.4
Scan saved at 7:21:09 PM, on 11/22/2010
Platform: Windows 7 (WinNT 6.00.3504)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v8.00 (8.00.7600.16671)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\Windows\system32\taskhost.exe
C:\Windows\system32\taskeng.exe
C:\Windows\system32\Dwm.exe
C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\DellTPad\Apoint.exe
C:\Program Files\Wave Systems Corp\Services Manager\DocMgr\bin\WavXDocMgr.exe
C:\Windows\System32\WLTRAY.EXE
C:\Program Files\Dell\Dell ControlPoint\Connection Manager\Dell.UCM.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell\Dell ControlPoint\Dell.ControlPoint.exe
C:\Program Files\Brother\ControlCenter3\brccMCtl.exe
C:\Program Files\Brother\Brmfcmon\BrMfcWnd.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell\Dell ControlPoint\Security Manager\BcmDeviceAndTaskStatusService.exe
C:\Program Files\Wave Systems Corp\SecureUpgrade.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel Matrix Storage Manager\IAAnotif.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Security Essentials\msseces.exe
C:\Program Files\Sierra Wireless Inc\WebUpdater\TRUUpdater.exe
C:\Program Files\Sierra Wireless Inc\3G Watcher\WaHelper.exe
C:\Program Files\Pinnacle\Shared Files\Programs\USBTip\USBTip.exe
C:\Program Files\Logitech\Logitech WebCam Software\LWS.exe
C:\Windows\System32\igfxtray.exe
C:\Windows\System32\hkcmd.exe
C:\Windows\System32\igfxpers.exe
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar\sidebar.exe
C:\Program Files\Brother\Brmfcmon\BrMfimon.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\msnmsgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Siber Systems\AI RoboForm\robotaskbaricon.exe
C:\Program Files\RocketDock\RocketDock.exe
C:\Windows\System32\StikyNot.exe
C:\Program Files\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe
C:\Program Files\WIDCOMM\Bluetooth Software\BTTray.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell\Dell ControlPoint\System Manager\DCPSysMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\TechSmith\SnagIt 8\SnagIt32.exe
C:\Windows\system32\igfxext.exe
C:\Windows\system32\igfxsrvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Logishrd\LQCVFX\COCIManager.exe
C:\Program Files\WIDCOMM\Bluetooth Software\BtStackServer.exe
C:\Program Files\TechSmith\SnagIt 8\TSCHelp.exe
C:\Program Files\Skype\Plugin Manager\skypePM.exe
C:\Program Files\DellTPad\ApMsgFwd.exe
C:\Program Files\TechSmith\SnagIt 8\SnagPriv.exe
C:\Program Files\DellTPad\Apntex.exe
C:\Windows\system32\conhost.exe
C:\Program Files\DellTPad\HidFind.exe
C:\Windows\system32\SearchFilterHost.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HiJackThis\HiJackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://g.msn.com/USREL/1
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Window Title = Internet Explore
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =
O2 - BHO: SnagIt Toolbar Loader - {00C6482D-C502-44C8-8409-FCE54AD9C208} - C:\Program Files\TechSmith\SnagIt 8\SnagItBHO.dll
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHelperStub - {18DF081C-E8AD-4283-A596-FA578C2EBDC3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelperShim.dll
O2 - BHO: Search Helper - {6EBF7485-159F-4bff-A14F-B9E3AAC4465B} - C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Search Enhancement Pack\Search Helper\SEPsearchhelperie.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {724d43a9-0d85-11d4-9908-00400523e39a} - C:\Program Files\Siber Systems\AI RoboForm\roboform.dll
O2 - BHO: Groove GFS Browser Helper - {72853161-30C5-4D22-B7F9-0BBC1D38A37E} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Office14\GROOVEEX.DLL
O2 - BHO: Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - {9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll
O2 - BHO: SkypeIEPluginBHO - {AE805869-2E5C-4ED4-8F7B-F1F7851A4497} - C:\Program Files\Skype\Toolbars\Internet Explorer\skypeieplugin.dll
O2 - BHO: URLRedirectionBHO - {B4F3A835-0E21-4959-BA22-42B3008E02FF} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Office14\URLREDIR.DLL
O2 - BHO: Java(tm) Plug-In 2 SSV Helper - {DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: Windows Live Toolbar Helper - {E15A8DC0-8516-42A1-81EA-DC94EC1ACF10} - C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Toolbar\wltcore.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Windows Live Toolbar - {21FA44EF-376D-4D53-9B0F-8A89D3229068} - C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Toolbar\wltcore.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &RoboForm - {724d43a0-0d85-11d4-9908-00400523e39a} - C:\Program Files\Siber Systems\AI RoboForm\roboform.dll
O3 - Toolbar: SnagIt - {8FF5E183-ABDE-46EB-B09E-D2AAB95CABE3} - C:\Program Files\TechSmith\SnagIt 8\SnagItIEAddin.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Apoint] C:\Program Files\DellTPad\Apoint.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WavXMgr] C:\Program Files\Wave Systems Corp\Services Manager\Docmgr\bin\WavXDocMgr.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Broadcom Wireless Manager UI] C:\Windows\system32\WLTRAY.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DellConnectionManager] "C:\Program Files\Dell\Dell ControlPoint\Connection Manager\Dell.UCM.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DellControlPoint] "C:\Program Files\Dell\Dell ControlPoint\Dell.ControlPoint.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ControlCenter3] C:\Program Files\Brother\ControlCenter3\brctrcen.exe /autorun
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ChangeTPMAuth] C:\Program Files\Wave Systems Corp\Common\ChangeTPMAuth.exe /T:NTRU12
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BrMfcWnd] C:\Program Files\Brother\Brmfcmon\BrMfcWnd.exe /AUTORUN
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [USCService] C:\Program Files\Dell\Dell ControlPoint\Security Manager\BcmDeviceAndTaskStatusService.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SysTrayApp] %ProgramFiles%\IDT\WDM\sttray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [EmbassySecurityCheck] "C:\Program Files\Wave Systems Corp\EMBASSY Security Setup\EMBASSYSecurityCheck.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SecureUpgrade] "C:\Program Files\Wave Systems Corp\SecureUpgrade.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IAAnotif] C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel Matrix Storage Manager\iaanotif.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MSSE] "c:\Program Files\Microsoft Security Essentials\msseces.exe" -hide -runkey
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTTask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BCSSync] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14\BCSSync.exe" /DelayServices
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AT&T Communication Manager] "C:\Program Files\AT&T\Communication Manager\ATTCM.exe" -a
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TRUUpdater] "C:\Program Files\Sierra Wireless Inc\WebUpdater\TRUUpdater.exe" /bkground
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WatcherHelper] "C:\Program Files\Sierra Wireless Inc\3G Watcher\WaHelper.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [USBToolTip] C:\PROGRA~1\Pinnacle\SHARED~1\Programs\USBTip\USBTip.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LogitechQuickCamRibbon] "C:\Program Files\Logitech\Logitech WebCam Software\LWS.exe" /hide
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IgfxTray] C:\Windows\system32\igfxtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HotKeysCmds] C:\Windows\system32\hkcmd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Persistence] C:\Windows\system32\igfxpers.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (reboot)] "C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe" /runcleanupscript
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe ARM] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0\AdobeARM.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Sidebar] C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar\sidebar.exe /autoRun
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [msnmsgr] "C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\msnmsgr.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [RoboForm] "C:\Program Files\Siber Systems\AI RoboForm\RoboTaskBarIcon.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [RocketDock] "C:\Program Files\RocketDock\RocketDock.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [RESTART_STICKY_NOTES] C:\Windows\System32\StikyNot.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Installation Diagnostics] "C:\Program Files\Brother\Brmfl04a\Brinstck.exe" /I MFC-420CN USB
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Skype] "C:\Program Files\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe" /nosplash /minimized
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Google Update] "C:\Users\Deborah\AppData\Local\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe" /c
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [Sidebar] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\Sidebar.exe /autoRun (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\RunOnce: [mctadmin] C:\Windows\System32\mctadmin.exe (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\Run: [Sidebar] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\Sidebar.exe /autoRun (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\RunOnce: [mctadmin] C:\Windows\System32\mctadmin.exe (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')
O4 - Global Startup: Bluetooth.lnk = ?
O4 - Global Startup: Dell ControlPoint System Manager.lnk = C:\Program Files\Dell\Dell ControlPoint\System Manager\DCPSysMgr.exe
O4 - Global Startup: SnagIt 8.lnk = C:\Program Files\TechSmith\SnagIt 8\SnagIt32.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: Add to Google Photos Screensa&ver - res://C:\Windows\system32\GPhotos.scr/200
O8 - Extra context menu item: Customize Menu - file://C:\Program Files\Siber Systems\AI RoboForm\RoboFormComCustomizeIEMenu.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Office14\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O8 - Extra context menu item: Fill Forms - file://C:\Program Files\Siber Systems\AI RoboForm\RoboFormComFillForms.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Save Forms - file://C:\Program Files\Siber Systems\AI RoboForm\RoboFormComSavePass.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Se&nd to OneNote - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Office14\ONBttnIE.dll/105
O8 - Extra context menu item: Send image to &Bluetooth Device... - C:\Program Files\WIDCOMM\Bluetooth Software\btsendto_ie_ctx.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Send page to &Bluetooth Device... - C:\Program Files\WIDCOMM\Bluetooth Software\btsendto_ie.htm
O9 - Extra button: Blog This - {219C3416-8CB2-491a-A3C7-D9FCDDC9D600} - C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Writer\WriterBrowserExtension.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: &Blog This in Windows Live Writer - {219C3416-8CB2-491a-A3C7-D9FCDDC9D600} - C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Writer\WriterBrowserExtension.dll
O9 - Extra button: Send to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14\ONBttnIE.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Se&nd to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14\ONBttnIE.dll
O9 - Extra button: Fill Forms - {320AF880-6646-11D3-ABEE-C5DBF3571F46} - file://C:\Program Files\Siber Systems\AI RoboForm\RoboFormComFillForms.html
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Fill Forms - {320AF880-6646-11D3-ABEE-C5DBF3571F46} - file://C:\Program Files\Siber Systems\AI RoboForm\RoboFormComFillForms.html
O9 - Extra button: Save - {320AF880-6646-11D3-ABEE-C5DBF3571F49} - file://C:\Program Files\Siber Systems\AI RoboForm\RoboFormComSavePass.html
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Save Forms - {320AF880-6646-11D3-ABEE-C5DBF3571F49} - file://C:\Program Files\Siber Systems\AI RoboForm\RoboFormComSavePass.html
O9 - Extra button: RoboForm - {724d43aa-0d85-11d4-9908-00400523e39a} - file://C:\Program Files\Siber Systems\AI RoboForm\RoboFormComShowToolbar.html
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: RoboForm Toolbar - {724d43aa-0d85-11d4-9908-00400523e39a} - file://C:\Program Files\Siber Systems\AI RoboForm\RoboFormComShowToolbar.html
O9 - Extra button: OneNote Lin&ked Notes - {789FE86F-6FC4-46A1-9849-EDE0DB0C95CA} - C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14\ONBttnIELinkedNotes.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: OneNote Lin&ked Notes - {789FE86F-6FC4-46A1-9849-EDE0DB0C95CA} - C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14\ONBttnIELinkedNotes.dll
O9 - Extra button: Skype add-on for Internet Explorer - {898EA8C8-E7FF-479B-8935-AEC46303B9E5} - C:\Program Files\Skype\Toolbars\Internet Explorer\skypeieplugin.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Skype add-on for Internet Explorer - {898EA8C8-E7FF-479B-8935-AEC46303B9E5} - C:\Program Files\Skype\Toolbars\Internet Explorer\skypeieplugin.dll
O9 - Extra button: @btrez.dll,-4015 - {CCA281CA-C863-46ef-9331-5C8D4460577F} - C:\Program Files\WIDCOMM\Bluetooth Software\btsendto_ie.htm
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @btrez.dll,-12650 - {CCA281CA-C863-46ef-9331-5C8D4460577F} - C:\Program Files\WIDCOMM\Bluetooth Software\btsendto_ie.htm
O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: c:\program files\common files\microsoft shared\windows live\wlidnsp.dll
O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: c:\program files\common files\microsoft shared\windows live\wlidnsp.dll
O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: bmnet.dll
O16 - DPF: {31150A86-0BBA-409F-BEB4-F3922D10BF34} (Gif89 Class) - http://www.webguild.com/Files/xplug.ocx
O16 - DPF: {3D3B42C2-11BF-4732-A304-A01384B70D68} (UploadListView Class) - http://picasaweb.google.com/s/v/62.14/uploader2.cab
O16 - DPF: {49312E18-AA92-4CC2-BB97-55DEA7BCADD6} (WMI Class) - http://support.dell.com/systemprofiler/SysProExe.CAB
O16 - DPF: {7530BFB8-7293-4D34-9923-61A11451AFC5} (OnlineScanner Control) - http://download.eset.com/special/eos/OnlineScanner.cab
O16 - DPF: {83AB6E4D-CDD7-11D3-B5E7-00104B9AFF6E} (GeacRevw Control) - http://sef.mlxchange.com/5.1.01.8123/Control/IRCSharc.cab
O16 - DPF: {BEA7310D-06C4-4339-A784-DC3804819809} (Photo Upload Plugin Class) - http://www.cvsphoto.com/upload/activex/v3_0_0_7/PhotoCenter_ActiveX_Control.cab
O16 - DPF: {E2883E8F-472F-4FB0-9522-AC9BF37916A7} - http://platformdl.adobe.com/NOS/getPlusPlus/1.6/gp.cab
O18 - Protocol: skype-ie-addon-data - {91774881-D725-4E58-B298-07617B9B86A8} - C:\Program Files\Skype\Toolbars\Internet Explorer\skypeieplugin.dll
O18 - Protocol: skype4com - {FFC8B962-9B40-4DFF-9458-1830C7DD7F5D} - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\Skype\SKYPE4~1.DLL
O18 - Filter hijack: text/xml - {807573E5-5146-11D5-A672-00B0D022E945} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\OFFICE14\MSOXMLMF.DLL
O23 - Service: Adobe Active File Monitor V7 (AdobeActiveFileMonitor7.0) - Adobe Systems Incorporated - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 7.0\PhotoshopElementsFileAgent.exe
O23 - Service: Andrea ST Filters Service (AESTFilters) - Andrea Electronics Corporation - C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\stwrt.inf_x86_neutral_8474fcd930f1c486\aestsrv.exe
O23 - Service: Ambient Light Sensor (alssvc) - Dell Inc. - C:\Program Files\Dell\Ambient Light Sensor\AlsSvc.exe
O23 - Service: AuthenTec Fingerprint Service (ATService) - AuthenTec, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Fingerprint Sensor\AtService.exe
O23 - Service: AT&T RcAppSvc (ATTRcAppSvc) - SmithMicro Inc. - C:\Program Files\AT&T\Communication Manager\RcAppSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Brother BRAdminPro Scheduler (BRA_Scheduler) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Brother\BRAdmin Professional 3\bratimer.exe
O23 - Service: Bluetooth Service (btwdins) - Broadcom Corporation. - C:\Program Files\WIDCOMM\Bluetooth Software\bin\btwdins.exe
O23 - Service: Dell ControlPoint Button Service (buttonsvc32) - Dell Inc. - C:\Program Files\Dell\Dell ControlPoint\DCPButtonSvc.exe
O23 - Service: AT&T Con App Svc (CAATT) - SmithMicro Inc. - C:\Program Files\AT&T\Communication Manager\ConAppsSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Cisco Systems, Inc. VPN Service (CVPND) - Cisco Systems, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Cisco Systems\VPN Client\cvpnd.exe
O23 - Service: Dell ControlPoint System Manager (dcpsysmgrsvc) - Dell Inc. - C:\Program Files\Dell\Dell ControlPoint\System Manager\DCPSysMgrSvc.exe
O23 - Service: FLEXnet Licensing Service - Macrovision Europe Ltd. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Macrovision Shared\FLEXnet Publisher\FNPLicensingService.exe
O23 - Service: FsUsbExService - Teruten - C:\Windows\system32\FsUsbExService.Exe
O23 - Service: Google Update Service (gupdate) (gupdate) - Google Inc. - C:\Program Files\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe
O23 - Service: Google Updater Service (gusvc) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
O23 - Service: Intel(R) Matrix Storage Event Monitor (IAANTMON) - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel Matrix Storage Manager\IAANTMon.exe
O23 - Service: Process Monitor (LVPrcSrv) - Logitech Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\LogiShrd\LVMVFM\LVPrcSrv.exe
O23 - Service: SecureStorageService - Wave Systems Corp. - C:\Program Files\Wave Systems Corp\Secure Storage Manager\SecureStorageService.exe
O23 - Service: ServiceLayer - Nokia. - C:\Program Files\PC Connectivity Solution\ServiceLayer.exe
O23 - Service: Smith Micro Connection Manager Service (SMManager) - Smith Micro Software, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Dell\Dell ControlPoint\Connection Manager\SMManager.exe
O23 - Service: Audio Service (STacSV) - IDT, Inc. - C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\stwrt.inf_x86_neutral_8474fcd930f1c486\STacSV.exe
O23 - Service: NTRU TSS v1.2.1.29 TCS (tcsd_win32.exe) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\NTRU Cryptosystems\NTRU TCG Software Stack\bin\tcsd_win32.exe
O23 - Service: TdmService - Wave Systems Corp. - C:\Program Files\Wave Systems Corp\Trusted Drive Manager\TdmService.exe
O23 - Service: Dell Wireless WLAN Tray Service (wltrysvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\WLTRYSVC.EXE

--
End of file - 17415 bytes

Since MBA-M found three more items you probably should run the ESET again just to be safe.

OK. I did re-run MBA-M clean and will re-run ESET tomorrow. Thanks for your help.

Gary

Do to lack of activity this thread is being closed. If you need this thread re-opened please contact a moderator.

jholland1964

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.