How are things running?

My boot time seems a little slower than usual, and my computer lags a little on startup, which it never did before, but other than that it is running fine.

Well there obviously is something wrong because by removing the unneeded start ups and dead entries the boot time should have speeded up, not slowed down. I don't honestly know what else to tell you.

Well there obviously is something wrong because by removing the unneeded start ups and dead entries the boot time should have speeded up, not slowed down. I don't honestly know what else to tell you.

Well it is faster than before I deleted those things, but I meant it has a slower boot time than before I got the virus. That could just be my mind playing tricks on me though. Unless anyone has anything to say, maybe I should mark this as a solved thread.

We can stop some other auto starts if you feel that would help. I just gave you the ones that absolutely didn't need to auto start, there are others.

We can stop some other auto starts if you feel that would help. I just gave you the ones that absolutely didn't need to auto start, there are others.

That would help, thank you, which ones can I stop?

Download and install this program, CodeStuff Starter
http://www.snapfiles.com/get/starter.html

Once installed then open the program and click the Startups Tab
Go in and Remove the check marks from these listings:
igfxtray
igfxhkcmd
igfxpers
Microsoft Default Manager
ISUSPM
AlcoholAutomount
Google Update

close the program and reboot.

ok thanks for the warning about asc3 will uninstall now. as for the problem i would download a process monitor that prevents any process from running without you prior permission. obviously it memorises the safe ones that you tell it. good luck!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.