Hi,

I run Webroot Spysweeper and everytime I restart it gives me a warning that NvCplDaemon is going to start on reboot. Is this a dangerous program? I use NVIDIA GeForce FX 5700 as my video card. My understanding is that the NvCplDaemon could be a virus/trojan, or it could be associated with NVIDIA. Any help would be appreciated.

joe

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Hi,
NvCplDaemon related to Nvidia graphics cards. Here's a short description:-

System Tray icon used to change display settings, change the clock rate and memory speed for nVidia based graphics cards. This is unnecessary since you can easily configure these settings the way you want them in the Display Properties and not have to mess with them again. Also disable the "NVIDIA Driver Helper Service" if enabled as it can cause this entry to be re-enabled on re-boot (note that this service can also cause extreme shutdown delays if enabled - see here)

Source:- http://castlecops.com/s2547-rundll32_exe_NvQtwk_dll_NvCplDaemon.html

How do I disable the "NVIDIA Driver Helper Service"?

Hi,
Go to Start > Run and type services.msc and press ENTER. Here, navigate to the service named NVIDIA Driver Helper Service (nvsvc32.exe) and right-click on it. Then click "Properties". Here, in the "Status" dialog box, select "Stop". Then, under "Startup type" dialog box, select "Disabled". Click "Apply" and then "OK".

You're my Hero.

Hi,
Go to Start > Run and type services.msc and press ENTER. Here, navigate to the service named NVIDIA Driver Helper Service (nvsvc32.exe) and right-click on it. Then click "Properties". Here, in the "Status" dialog box, select "Stop". Then, under "Startup type" dialog box, select "Disabled". Click "Apply" and then "OK".

Please Help.....I dont have a service named NVIDIA, furthermore whenever i try to remove from me registry, they reappear on refresh... anyone ever heard of something like this?

Clear, concise and effective advice; - Thank you

Glad you liked it. Thread closed.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.