thank you for your help! My computer totally crashed today, and I had to have my brainiac brother come fix it for me. Ended up reinstalling everything. Sooo glad I backed up everything yesterday. Thanks for all your help. I really appreciate it!

You're welcome - happy to help. :)

-- I'm actually glad it worked out this way. Those of us who volunteer in forums always like to try to clean a machine even when the wiser course of action is to reinstall the OS.

You should definitely make sure to update your computer to Service Pack 3 as soon as possible. Get ALL the patches!
Also, get a good Antivirus and Firewall and keep everything updated regularly.
I suggest http://www.comodo.com/home/internet-security/free-internet-security.php <--- It's Free!

Your machine previously had Panda 2007 & Clam - be sure to install only ONE AV program. The free Comodo package will also provide one of the better firewalls available today. A must with the record number of rootkits and backdoor trojans we are seeing these days....

--- You should also keep the free MalwareBytes Anti-Malware onboard. Update it and then do the quick scan once a week (or two, but regularly). Again, be sure to update it to the latest malware detecting definitions beforehand!

Best Luck :)
PP

Will do... again, thanks so much for all your help.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.