I attached my hijackthis log file. I don't know why but I cannot right click and paste my log in this section. The only way I can do it is to add it as an attachment. This goes with my thread on desktop background. Thank You.

Recommended Answers

All 13 Replies

Hello Kerrin

Please post all replies in this thread instead of starting a new thread. This way, no one gets confused ;)

Sounds like a case for Smitrem...

Download smitRem.exe -Save it to your Desktop.
-DoubleClick it to extract the contents to a new smitRem Folder.
-Just leave it for now.

Please Boot to Safe Mode.

Continuing in Safe Mode,
-Open the smitRem Folder
-DoubleClick the RunThis.bat file to run the tool.
-Follow the prompts on screen
-Allow the tool to complete its run and finish the Disk Cleanup.
-Reboot to Normal Mode
-There should be a log at C:\smitfiles.txt.
-Please submit that with a new HijackThis log

Hi and welcome to DaniWeb. First I think your Internet eplorer is out of date. You can run Windows Update to fix that.

Ok, you have a fair amount of nasties on your system. Lets boot into safe mode, and have windows show hidden files or folders. To do this:

1 Click the Start Button

2 In the Start menu click Control Panel

3 In the Control panel Window click the Folder Options Icon

4 The folder Options Window will now Open

5 Click the View Tab

6 In the view tab window look down the list for a section marked Hidden Files and Folders

7 Enable the option Show Hidden Files and Folders by left clicking the radio button on the left of the option with your mouse. Then uncheck Hide protected operating system files. CLick yes to the dialog.

8 Press the Apply button

9 On the next screen press OK to exit

10 You should now be able to view the hidden files and folders.

------------------------

1. If the computer is running, shut down Windows, and then turn off the power
2. Wait 30 seconds, and then turn the computer on.
3. When you see the black-and-white Starting Windows bar at the bottom of the screen, start tapping the F8 key. The Windows 2000 Advanced Options Menu appears.
4. Ensure that the Safe mode option is selected. In most cases, it is the first item in the list and is selected by default.
5. Press Enter. The computer then begins to start in Safe mode.

Then while in safe mode Run HJT again and put a check next to the following items.

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [bauggva] c:\windows\system32\hjsawed.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Dinst] C:\WINDOWS\dinst.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MyWebSearch Email Plugin] C:\PROGRA~1\MYWEBS~1\bar\1.bin\mwsoemon.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [wuozsrr] C:\WINDOWS\System32\pzegua.exe r

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MyWebSearch Email Plugin] C:\PROGRA~1\MYWEBS~1\bar\1.bin\mwsoemon.exe

O4 - Startup: MyWebSearch Email Plugin.lnk = C:\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar\1.bin\MWSOEMON.EXE

O4 - Global Startup: MyWebSearch Email Plugin.lnk = C:\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar\1.bin\MWSOEMON.EXE

O8 - Extra context menu item: &Search - http://bar.mywebsearch.com/menusearch.html?p=ZUxdm082YYUS

O9 - Extra button: Related - {c95fe080-8f5d-11d2-a20b-00aa003c157a} - C:\WINDOWS\web\related.htm

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Show &Related Links - {c95fe080-8f5d-11d2-a20b-00aa003c157a} - C:\WINDOWS\web\related.htm

O10 - Broken Internet access because of LSP provider 'c:\program files\newdotnet\newdotnet6_98.dll' missing

O13 - DefaultPrefix: http://103.nowfind.biz/gall.php?url=

O13 - WWW Prefix: http://103.nowfind.biz/gall.php?url=

O16 - DPF: {1D4DB7D2-6EC9-47A3-BD87-1E41684E07BB} - http://ak.imgfarm.com/images/nocache/funwebproducts/ei/MyFunCardsFWBInitialSetup 1.0.0.15.cab

Click Fix Checked

Then please Uninstall the following (Start>Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs)

Newdotnet

My Web Search

Also if you see any of these, uninstall them as well

My Web Search

My Way Speedbar

My Way Speedbar

My Way Speedbar

Search Assistant - My Way

Then please go to Start>My Computer>Program Files

Delete the following folders

FunWebProducts

MyWebSearch

Then while your still in safe mode, delete the following files.

C:\WINDOWS\System32\pzegua.exe

c:\windows\system32\hjsawed.exe

C:\WINDOWS\dinst.exe

----------------------------------------------------------------
Reboot Computer Normally

Then please download ewido - www.ewido.net - Install. Update. Scan. Remove anything it finds.

Post a new HJT log, and the ewido log

EDIT: Do what Demented said, quicker and probally more effective ;)

You will still need to do Tayspens suggestions as you have some infection, I would just like to see the smitfiles log, and see if it helps unlock the desktop.

If not, after everything evident in the log is removed, we can do a registry patch :)

First of all, I tried to add to the old thread but I couldn't figure out how. I could not get to where it lets you edit a previous thread. So I am posting a new thread because I don't know what else to do.

I am posting the ewido log and hijackthis log that you requested. I also performed all the actions that you listed. I hope this helps. Thanks. :!:

---------------------------------------------------------
 ewido anti-malware - Scan report
---------------------------------------------------------

+ Created on:          9:22:27 AM, 3/27/2006
 + Report-Checksum:     5433F2D5

+ Scan result:

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Cookies\owner@247realmedia[1].txt -> TrackingCookie.247realmedia : Cleaned with backup
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Cookies\owner@2o7[2].txt -> TrackingCookie.2o7 : Cleaned with backup
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Cookies\owner@ad.yieldmanager[2].txt -> TrackingCookie.Yieldmanager : Cleaned with backup
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Cookies\owner@adopt.specificclick[2].txt -> TrackingCookie.Specificclick : Cleaned with backup
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Cookies\owner@adrevolver[3].txt -> TrackingCookie.Adrevolver : Cleaned with backup
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Cookies\owner@ads.addynamix[2].txt -> TrackingCookie.Addynamix : Cleaned with backup
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Cookies\owner@ads.pointroll[1].txt -> TrackingCookie.Pointroll : Cleaned with backup
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Cookies\owner@advertising[2].txt -> TrackingCookie.Advertising : Cleaned with backup
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Cookies\owner@as-us.falkag[1].txt -> TrackingCookie.Falkag : Cleaned with backup
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Cookies\owner@atdmt[2].txt -> TrackingCookie.Atdmt : Cleaned with backup
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Cookies\owner@casalemedia[1].txt -> TrackingCookie.Casalemedia : Cleaned with backup
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Cookies\owner@counter.hitslink[1].txt -> TrackingCookie.Hitslink : Cleaned with backup
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Cookies\owner@doubleclick[1].txt -> TrackingCookie.Doubleclick : Cleaned with backup
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Cookies\owner@e-2dj6wfkikidpilo.stats.esomniture[1].txt -> TrackingCookie.Esomniture : Cleaned with backup
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Cookies\owner@e-2dj6wfkoopajggq.stats.esomniture[2].txt -> TrackingCookie.Esomniture : Cleaned with backup
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Cookies\owner@e-2dj6wfmyopd5iko.stats.esomniture[2].txt -> TrackingCookie.Esomniture : Cleaned with backup
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Cookies\owner@e-2dj6wjk4chajmdo.stats.esomniture[1].txt -> TrackingCookie.Esomniture : Cleaned with backup
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Cookies\owner@e-2dj6wjk4wmdzwap.stats.esomniture[2].txt -> TrackingCookie.Esomniture : Cleaned with backup
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Cookies\owner@e-2dj6wjlisid5sgp.stats.esomniture[2].txt -> TrackingCookie.Esomniture : Cleaned with backup
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Cookies\owner@e-2dj6wjmikldpkho.stats.esomniture[2].txt -> TrackingCookie.Esomniture : Cleaned with backup
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Cookies\owner@e-2dj6wjnycldzckp.stats.esomniture[2].txt -> TrackingCookie.Esomniture : Cleaned with backup
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Cookies\owner@e-2dj6wjnyencjsho.stats.esomniture[2].txt -> TrackingCookie.Esomniture : Cleaned with backup
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Cookies\owner@edge.ru4[2].txt -> TrackingCookie.Ru4 : Cleaned with backup
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Cookies\owner@entrepreneur.122.2o7[1].txt -> TrackingCookie.2o7 : Cleaned with backup
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Cookies\owner@fastclick[1].txt -> TrackingCookie.Fastclick : Cleaned with backup
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Cookies\owner@image.masterstats[1].txt -> TrackingCookie.Masterstats : Cleaned with backup
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Cookies\owner@login.tracking101[1].txt -> TrackingCookie.Tracking101 : Cleaned with backup
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Cookies\owner@mediaplex[1].txt -> TrackingCookie.Mediaplex : Cleaned with backup
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Cookies\owner@msnportal.112.2o7[1].txt -> TrackingCookie.2o7 : Cleaned with backup
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Cookies\owner@overture[2].txt -> TrackingCookie.Overture : Cleaned with backup
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Cookies\owner@pch.122.2o7[1].txt -> TrackingCookie.2o7 : Cleaned with backup
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Cookies\owner@perf.overture[1].txt -> TrackingCookie.Overture : Cleaned with backup
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Cookies\owner@questionmarket[1].txt -> TrackingCookie.Questionmarket : Cleaned with backup
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Cookies\owner@revenue[1].txt -> TrackingCookie.Revenue : Cleaned with backup
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Cookies\owner@rotator.adjuggler[1].txt -> TrackingCookie.Adjuggler : Cleaned with backup
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Cookies\owner@server.iad.liveperson[1].txt -> TrackingCookie.Liveperson : Cleaned with backup
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Cookies\owner@statcounter[2].txt -> TrackingCookie.Statcounter : Cleaned with backup
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Cookies\owner@tacoda[2].txt -> TrackingCookie.Tacoda : Cleaned with backup
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Cookies\owner@tradedoubler[1].txt -> TrackingCookie.Tradedoubler : Cleaned with backup
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Cookies\owner@trafficmp[1].txt -> TrackingCookie.Trafficmp : Cleaned with backup
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Cookies\owner@tribalfusion[2].txt -> TrackingCookie.Tribalfusion : Cleaned with backup
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Cookies\owner@valueclick[1].txt -> TrackingCookie.Valueclick : Cleaned with backup
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Cookies\owner@zedo[2].txt -> TrackingCookie.Zedo : Cleaned with backup
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\3G8RJWOV\just-plumbers[1].html -> Downloader.Inor.a : Cleaned with backup
    C:\System Volume Information\_restore{0A438C3B-A487-4C6D-850C-C76CC3327FD0}\RP447\A0034712.exe -> Downloader.Agent.aeh : Cleaned with backup

::Report End

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 9:49:33 AM, on 3/27/2006
Platform: Windows XP  (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 (6.00.2600.0000)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Share-to-Web\hpgs2wnd.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Works Shared\WkUFind.exe
C:\Program Files\MusicMatch\MusicMatch Jukebox\mmtask.exe
C:\progra~1\mcafee\MCAFEE~1\masalert.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\QUICKENW\QAGENT.EXE
C:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\McAgent.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\SPAMKI~1\MskAgent.exe
C:\Program Files\McAfee.com\VSO\mcvsshld.exe
C:\Program Files\McAfee.com\VSO\oasclnt.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\PERSON~1\MpfTray.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\hpztsb09.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\hpcoretech\hpcmpmgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\hphmon05.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\mps\mscifapp.exe
C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe
C:\PROGRA~1\AWS\WEATHE~1\Weather.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System\Money Express.exe
c:\progra~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsescn.exe
C:\Program Files\hp center\137903\Program\BackWeb-137903.exe
C:\Program Files\Palm\HOTSYNC.EXE
c:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Share-to-Web\hpgs2wnf.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\mrtMngr.EXE
C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\ymsgr_tray.exe
C:\Program Files\ewido anti-malware\ewidoctrl.exe
c:\progra~1\mcafee\mcafee antispyware\massrv.exe
c:\progra~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsftsn.exe
c:\program files\mcafee.com\agent\mcdetect.exe
c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcshield.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mctskshd.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\PERSON~1\MpfService.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\SPAMKI~1\MSKSrvr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\PERSON~1\MpfAgent.exe
C:\Program Files\MSN\MSNCoreFiles\msn.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows NT\Accessories\WORDPAD.EXE
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\hijackthis\HijackThis.exe

O2 - BHO: McBrwHelper Class - {227B8AA8-DAF2-4892-BD1D-73F568BCB24E} - c:\program files\mcafee.com\mps\mcbrhlpr.dll
O2 - BHO: McAfee AntiPhishing Filter - {41D68ED8-4CFF-4115-88A6-6EBB8AF19000} - c:\program files\mcafee\spamkiller\mcapfbho.dll
O3 - Toolbar: McAfee VirusScan - {BA52B914-B692-46c4-B683-905236F6F655} - c:\progra~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsshl.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Share-to-Web Namespace Daemon] c:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Share-to-Web\hpgs2wnd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe"  -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Metrics] C:\Program Files\HP\Personal Printing Solutions Product Research\HP Product Research.exe a
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Microsoft Works Update Detection] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Works Shared\WkUFind.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [mmtask] "C:\Program Files\MusicMatch\MusicMatch Jukebox\mmtask.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [_AntiSpyware] c:\progra~1\mcafee\MCAFEE~1\masalert.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QAGENT] C:\PROGRA~1\QUICKENW\QAGENT.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MCUpdateExe] c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcupdate.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MCAgentExe] c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\McAgent.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MSKAGENTEXE] C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\SPAMKI~1\MskAgent.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VSOCheckTask] "C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\VSO\mcmnhdlr.exe" /checktask
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VirusScan Online] C:\Program Files\McAfee.com\VSO\mcvsshld.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [OASClnt] C:\Program Files\McAfee.com\VSO\oasclnt.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MPFEXE] C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\PERSON~1\MpfTray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPDJ Taskbar Utility] C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\hpztsb09.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPHUPD05] C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\\{5372B9A6-6E51-4f90-9B40-E0A3B8475C4E}\hphupd05.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Component Manager] "C:\Program Files\HP\hpcoretech\hpcmpmgr.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPHmon05] C:\WINDOWS\System32\hphmon05.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MPSExe] c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\mps\mscifapp.exe /embedding
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MsnMsgr] "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Microsoft Works Update Detection] c:\Program Files\Microsoft Works\WkDetect.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Weather] C:\PROGRA~1\AWS\WEATHE~1\Weather.exe 1
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MoneyAgent] "c:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System\Money Express.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Yahoo! Pager] "C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\ypager.exe" -quiet
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MyWebSearch Email Plugin] C:\PROGRA~1\MYWEBS~1\bar\1.bin\mwsoemon.exe
O4 - Startup: HotSync Manager.lnk = C:\Program Files\Palm\HOTSYNC.EXE
O4 - Startup: PowerReg SchedulerV2.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O4 - Global Startup: hp center UI.lnk = C:\Program Files\hp center\137903\Shadow\ShadowBar.exe
O4 - Global Startup: hp center.lnk = C:\Program Files\hp center\137903\Program\BackWeb-137903.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Search - [url]http://bar.mywebsearch.com/menusearch.html?p=ZUxdm082YYUS[/url]
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Yahoo! Search - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycsrch.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Yahoo! &Dictionary - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycdict.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Yahoo! &Maps - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycmap.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Yahoo! &SMS - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycsms.htm
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msjava.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msjava.dll
O9 - Extra button: MktBrowser - {17A27031-71FC-11d4-815C-005004D0F1FA} - C:\Program Files\MarketBrowser\lmt\MarketBrowser_Launch.xpy
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: MarketBrowser - {17A27031-71FC-11d4-815C-005004D0F1FA} - C:\Program Files\MarketBrowser\lmt\MarketBrowser_Launch.xpy
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {39FD89BF-D3F1-45b6-BB56-3582CCF489E1} - c:\program files\mcafee\spamkiller\mcapfbho.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: McAfee AntiPhishing Filter - {39FD89BF-D3F1-45b6-BB56-3582CCF489E1} - c:\program files\mcafee\spamkiller\mcapfbho.dll
O9 - Extra button: Yahoo! Services - {5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\shdocvw.dll
O9 - Extra button: MoneySide - {E023F504-0C5A-4750-A1E7-A9046DEA8A21} - c:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System\mnyviewer.dll
O9 - Extra button: WeatherBug - {AF6CABAB-61F9-4f12-A198-B7D41EF1CB52} - C:\Program Files\AWS\WeatherBug\Weather.exe (HKCU)
O10 - Broken Internet access because of LSP provider 'c:\program files\newdotnet\newdotnet6_98.dll' missing
O12 - Plugin for .spop: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Plugins\NPDocBox.dll
O13 - Home Prefix: [url]http://103.nowfind.biz/gall.php?url=[/url]
O13 - Mosaic Prefix: [url]http://103.nowfind.biz/gall.php?url=[/url]
O16 - DPF: ConferenceRoom Java Client - [url]http://techchat.bright.net/java/cr.cab[/url]
O16 - DPF: {9B17FE0E-51F2-4692-8B32-8EFB805FC0E7} (HPObjectInstaller Class) - [url]http://h30155.www3.hp.com/ediags/dd/install/guidedsolutions.cab[/url]
O23 - Service: ewido security suite control - ewido networks - C:\Program Files\ewido anti-malware\ewidoctrl.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee AntiSpyware Service - McAfee, Inc. - c:\progra~1\mcafee\mcafee antispyware\massrv.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee WSC Integration (McDetect.exe) - McAfee, Inc - c:\program files\mcafee.com\agent\mcdetect.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee.com McShield (McShield) - McAfee Inc. - c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcshield.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Task Scheduler (McTskshd.exe) - McAfee, Inc - c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mctskshd.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee SecurityCenter Update Manager (mcupdmgr.exe) - McAfee, Inc - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\Agent\mcupdmgr.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Personal Firewall Service (MpfService) - McAfee Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\PERSON~1\MpfService.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee SpamKiller Server (MskService) - McAfee Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\SPAMKI~1\MSKSrvr.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Driver Helper Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe

All you have to do is simply scroll down to the bottom of the page and type your response in the box, then click Post Quick Reply or click the Quick Reply bottom located right under my post to the left.

[img]http://www.daniweb.com/techtalkforums/dani-images/buttons/quickreply.gif[/img]

Did you run the Smitrem tool? If so could you paste the contents of C:\smitfiles.txt

I see some other things we need to address as well, but would like to see the log. Also, is your background still locked?

Ok, here is my smitrem log. And, Yes! My desktop is finally back to normal! I can actually change the picture now! Thank you so much! Please let me know if I still have files/infections, etc., that need to be remove. Thanks.

smitRem © log file
version 2.8

by noahdfear

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
The current date is: Mon 03/27/2006
The current time is: 14:15:36.18

Running from
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\Unused Desktop Shortcuts\smitRem

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pre-run SharedTask Export

(GetSTS.exe) SharedTaskScheduler exporter by Lawrence Abrams (Grinler)
Copyright(C) 2006 BleepingComputer.com

Registry Pseudo-Format Mode (Not a valid reg file):

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\SharedTaskScheduler]
"{438755C2-A8BA-11D1-B96B-00A0C90312E1}"="Browseui preloader"
"{8C7461EF-2B13-11d2-BE35-3078302C2030}"="Component Categories cache daemon"
"{03B1C4D9-BC71-8916-38AD-9DEA5D213614}"="OLE Module"
"{DABB03E9-AC0D-3740-E3E5-4B37C80837E5}"="DDE Module"
"{38D4D5D0-423E-4220-B6F9-30918C2AE4A4}"=""
"{303F44D5-5FEA-4509-ABDE-5E00C3F2125A}"="DDE Module"
"{FB153DCE-822E-47ec-8D00-2706E7864B37}"=""
"{DABB23E9-AC0D-3740-E3E5-4B37C80837E5}"="DDE Module"
"{0BC9BC01-54D4-4CCE-2B7D-955164314CD4}"="OLE Module"
"{F33812FB-F35C-4674-90F6-FD757C419C51}"="DDE"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{438755C2-A8BA-11D1-B96B-00A0C90312E1}\InProcServer32]
@="%SystemRoot%\System32\browseui.dll"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{8C7461EF-2B13-11d2-BE35-3078302C2030}\InProcServer32]
@="%SystemRoot%\System32\browseui.dll"

checking for ShudderLTD key

ShudderLTD key not present!

checking for PSGuard.com key

PSGuard.com key not present!

checking for WinHound.com key

WinHound.com key not present!

spyaxe uninstaller NOT present
Winhound uninstaller NOT present
SpywareStrike uninstaller NOT present

Existing Pre-run Files

~~~ Program Files ~~~

~~~ Shortcuts ~~~

Install.dat

~~~ Favorites ~~~

~~~ system32 folder ~~~

atmtd.dll._

~~~ Icons in System32 ~~~

~~~ Windows directory ~~~

desktop.html

~~~ Drive root ~~~

~~~ Miscellaneous Files/folders ~~~

Command Line Process Viewer/Killer/Suspender for Windows NT/2000/XP V2.03
Copyright(C) 2002-2003 Craig.Peacock@beyondlogic.org
Killing PID 1472 'explorer.exe'
Killing PID 1472 'explorer.exe'

Starting registry repairs

Actually could ya post a new HJT log?

Thanks.

Ok, here is the hijackthis log.

Scan saved at 3:50:50 PM, on 3/27/2006
Platform: Windows XP (WinNT 5.01.2600)

Running processes:
C:\PROGRA~1\AWS\WEATHE~1\Weather.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\Unused Desktop Shortcuts\hijackthis\HijackThis.exe

O2 - BHO: McBrwHelper Class - {227B8AA8-DAF2-4892-BD1D-73F568BCB24E} - c:\program files\mcafee.com\mps\mcbrhlpr.dll
O2 - BHO: McAfee AntiPhishing Filter - {41D68ED8-4CFF-4115-88A6-6EBB8AF19000} - c:\program files\mcafee\spamkiller\mcapfbho.dll
O3 - Toolbar: McAfee VirusScan - {BA52B914-B692-46c4-B683-905236F6F655} - c:\progra~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsshl.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Share-to-Web Namespace Daemon] c:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Share-to-Web\hpgs2wnd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Metrics] C:\Program Files\HP\Personal Printing Solutions Product Research\HP Product Research.exe a
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Microsoft Works Update Detection] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Works Shared\WkUFind.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [mmtask] "C:\Program Files\MusicMatch\MusicMatch Jukebox\mmtask.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MCUpdateExe] C:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcupdate.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VSOCheckTask] "C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\VSO\mcmnhdlr.exe" /checktask
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VirusScan Online] C:\Program Files\McAfee.com\VSO\mcvsshld.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPDJ Taskbar Utility] C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\hpztsb09.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPHUPD05] C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\\{5372B9A6-6E51-4f90-9B40-E0A3B8475C4E}\hphupd05.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Component Manager] "C:\Program Files\HP\hpcoretech\hpcmpmgr.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MsnMsgr] "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Microsoft Works Update Detection] c:\Program Files\Microsoft Works\WkDetect.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MoneyAgent] "c:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System\Money Express.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Yahoo! Pager] "C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\ypager.exe" -quiet
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O4 - Global Startup: hp center UI.lnk = C:\Program Files\hp center\137903\Shadow\ShadowBar.exe
O4 - Global Startup: hp center.lnk = C:\Program Files\hp center\137903\Program\BackWeb-137903.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Search - http://bar.mywebsearch.com/menusearch.html?p=ZUxdm082YYUS
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Yahoo! Search - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycsrch.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Yahoo! &Dictionary - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycdict.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Yahoo! &Maps - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycmap.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Yahoo! &SMS - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycsms.htm
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msjava.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msjava.dll
O9 - Extra button: MktBrowser - {17A27031-71FC-11d4-815C-005004D0F1FA} - C:\Program Files\MarketBrowser\lmt\MarketBrowser_Launch.xpy
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: MarketBrowser - {17A27031-71FC-11d4-815C-005004D0F1FA} - C:\Program Files\MarketBrowser\lmt\MarketBrowser_Launch.xpy
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {39FD89BF-D3F1-45b6-BB56-3582CCF489E1} - c:\program files\mcafee\spamkiller\mcapfbho.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: McAfee AntiPhishing Filter - {39FD89BF-D3F1-45b6-BB56-3582CCF489E1} - c:\program files\mcafee\spamkiller\mcapfbho.dll
O9 - Extra button: Yahoo! Services - {5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\shdocvw.dll
O9 - Extra button: MoneySide - {E023F504-0C5A-4750-A1E7-A9046DEA8A21} - c:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System\mnyviewer.dll
O9 - Extra button: WeatherBug - {AF6CABAB-61F9-4f12-A198-B7D41EF1CB52} - C:\Program Files\AWS\WeatherBug\Weather.exe (HKCU)
O13 - Home Prefix: http://103.nowfind.biz/gall.php?url=
O13 - Mosaic Prefix: http://103.nowfind.biz/gall.php?url=
O16 - DPF: ConferenceRoom Java Client - http://techchat.bright.net/java/cr.cab
O16 - DPF: {9B17FE0E-51F2-4692-8B32-8EFB805FC0E7} (HPObjectInstaller Class) - http://h30155.www3.hp.com/ediags/dd/install/guidedsolutions.cab
O18 - Protocol: msnim - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - "C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\msgrapp.dll" (file missing)
O23 - Service: ewido security suite control - ewido networks - C:\Program Files\ewido anti-malware\ewidoctrl.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee AntiSpyware Service - McAfee, Inc. - c:\progra~1\mcafee\mcafee antispyware\massrv.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee WSC Integration (McDetect.exe) - McAfee, Inc - c:\program files\mcafee.com\agent\mcdetect.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee.com McShield (McShield) - McAfee Inc. - c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcshield.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Task Scheduler (McTskshd.exe) - McAfee, Inc - c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mctskshd.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee SecurityCenter Update Manager (mcupdmgr.exe) - McAfee, Inc - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\Agent\mcupdmgr.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Personal Firewall Service (MpfService) - McAfee Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\PERSON~1\MpfService.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee SpamKiller Server (MskService) - McAfee Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\SPAMKI~1\MSKSrvr.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Driver Helper Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe

Awsome, several things to fix. Begin by uninstalling WeatherBug via Add/Remove Programs. Although it helps sometimes, it's a major data hog. Next, follow the directions for removing MyWaySA here (its the last post on the bottom of the page):

http://www.daniweb.com/techtalkforums/thread28196.html

After this, fix the following in the log:

O8 - Extra context menu item: &Search - http://bar.mywebsearch.com/menusear...?p=ZUxdm082YYUS
O13 - Home Prefix: http://103.nowfind.biz/gall.php?url=
O13 - Mosaic Prefix: http://103.nowfind.biz/gall.php?url=

Lastly after this, reboot into safe mode and delete this file if found:

C:\Program Files\newdotnet

After this, restart the computer and post a new log

Ok, so I could not remove MyWay because it's not there, there is one called Mywebsearch which I tried to remove but it would not let me. Then on the hjt log, 04HKCU...was not there, and 010Brokeninternet couldn't be fixed. Lastly, I did not find the newdotnet file to remove it. I am still posting a new hjt log for you. Thanks.

Scan saved at 4:56:01 PM, on 3/27/2006
Platform: Windows XP (WinNT 5.01.2600)

Running processes:
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\Unused Desktop Shortcuts\hijackthis\HijackThis.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MCUpdateExe] c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcupdate.exe
O16 - DPF: ConferenceRoom Java Client - http://techchat.bright.net/java/cr.cab
O16 - DPF: {9B17FE0E-51F2-4692-8B32-8EFB805FC0E7} (HPObjectInstaller Class) - http://h30155.www3.hp.com/ediags/dd/install/guidedsolutions.cab
O18 - Protocol: msnim - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - "C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\msgrapp.dll" (file missing)

First of all, I tried to add to the old thread but I couldn't figure out how.

I've merged the old thread into this one for you. :)

One last thing. have HJT fix this.

Look again for C:\Program Files\newdotnet

That folder needs to be deleted. If you can't find it post back.

Unfortunately, HijackThis can't actually fix a broken Winsock stack; it can only alert you to the fact that the stack has been broken (in this case, by the removal of the malicious newdotnet LSP).

Luckily, we have a pretty painless solution:

1. Download the Winsock XP Fix utility.
      This utility will make a backup of parts of your Windows registry, reset your TCP/IP settings and replace your existing Winsock2 registry entries with a default set and replace your Hosts file with a default one.
    2. Launch the WinsockXPFix.exe
    3. On the Winsock and TCP Repair Utility screen, click ReG-Backup.
    4. On the Welcome screen, click OK.
    5. On the Backup to: screen, click OK.
    6. On the Folder does not exist question screen click Yes.
    7. You will see a status screen as your registry is being backed up.
    8. On the Registry backup is complete! screen, click OK.
  1. Reset the Winsock Stack
    1. On the Winsock and TCP Repair Utility screen, click Fix.
    2. On the Apply the VB_Winsock fix? screen click Yes.
    3. The Winsock and TCP Repair Utility screen will display a status message.
    4. On the Repair Completed screen click OK to re-boot your computer.
    5. If your computer was not using DHCP, you will need to re-configure TCP/IP.
    6. You should have connectivity restored.
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.