Hi there. I have a virus on my computer and cant get rid of it.The problem happened whilst online it cut my connection and i couldnt get connected again,even now i cant get online.I tried re-installing my NTL cd but halfway through re-installation a message displaying something similar to "Your computer is infected with spyware or adware and the hompage has been changed" appeared??? I ran a virus scan with Ewido(which was the only anti-virus software that detected the trojans) and quarantined then deleted them. I also tried to restore my computer to an earlier time but when i got to the restore calendar there was no dates in bold so i was unable to restore:sad: . Can anyone help with this as its driving me bonkers?? Any help would be much appreciated

Recommended Answers

All 69 Replies

So... ewido deleted the infections, but you are still unable to connect to the Internet, yes? Let us know if that's the case or not; it will determine what we can do next.

Yes that is the case. It removed the trojans but everytime i reboot my computer and scan with ewido it keeps detecting adware.spyheal even tho i have quarantined and removed it several times before. It keeps coming back.

Thanks for replying

* Spyheal is a new infection, thought to be the latest variant of the Smitfraud/SpyAxe/SpyFalcon/SpywareQuake family of fake "spyware removal" products. Removing the parasite requires a specific procedure and a specific removal utility, both of which are posted here.

If your Internet access is still broken, you'll need to download the removal utility on to a working computer, burn it (and a copy of the removal instructions) to a CD, and copy it to the infected computer that way.

* After performing the removal procedure, please do the following:

Download the free HijackThis utility. Once downloaded, follow these instructions to install and run the program:

Create a folder for HJT outside of any Temp/Temporary folders and move the HijackThis.exe file to that folder now. A folder such such as C:\HijackThis or C:\Spyware Tools\HijackThis will do.

Run HijackThis, but do not have HJT fix anything yet; only have it scan your system! Once the scan is complete, the "Scan" button will turn into an option to "Save log...".
Save the log in the folder you created for HijackThis; the saved file will be named "hijackthis.log". Open the log file with Windows Notepad, and cut-n-paste the entire contents of the Notepad file here.

The log contents will tell us a lot about what "nasties" might still be lingering in your system; once we analyse the log we can tell you what to do from there.

This is all very technical. I appreciate your help. I know how to do the hijackthis so i will post the report this evening when i finish work not so sure however about the software to remove Spyheal is it the SmitFraudFix your talking about? Is this normal for this type of virus to break the intrenet connection??? When i try to install to NTL cd its claiming a network adapter error??

Hi there,as i cannot access the internet on my PC i have had to download hijackthis on my laptop and transfer it via flash drive. Iv copied it like you said into a folder in my program files but it says it cant run from a temp folder???? What am i doing wrong?

Here is the log i got :

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 18:57:30, on 09/08/2006
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)
Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\SuperAdBlocker.com\Super Ad Blocker\SABSVC.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\ewido anti-spyware 4.0\guard.exe
C:\WINDOWS\runservice.exe
C:\Program Files\Network Associates\Common Framework\FrameworkService.exe
C:\Program Files\Network Associates\VirusScan\Mcshield.exe
C:\Program Files\Network Associates\VirusScan\VsTskMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Alcohol Soft\Alcohol 120\StarWind\StarWindService.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\jusched.exe
C:\WINDOWS\stsystra.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Modem Event Monitor\IntelMEM.exe
C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\DVDLauncher.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe
C:\Program Files\BroadJump\Client Foundation\CFD.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
C:\Program Files\DAP\DAP.EXE
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswctrl.exe
C:\Program Files\PowerISO\PWRISOVM.EXE
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\Program Files\Network Associates\VirusScan\SHSTAT.EXE
C:\Program Files\Network Associates\Common Framework\UpdaterUI.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Network Associates\TalkBack\TBMon.exe
C:\Program Files\ewido anti-spyware 4.0\ewido.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell Support\DSAgnt.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\Program Files\SuperAdBlocker.com\Super Ad Blocker\SAdBlock.exe
C:\Program Files\WinZip\WZQKPICK.EXE
I:\HijackThis.exe
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.ntlworld.com/
R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - - (no file)
O2 - BHO: SuperAdBlockerBHO Class - {00000000-6C30-11D8-9363-000AE6309654} - C:\Program Files\SuperAdBlocker.com\Super Ad Blocker\SABBHO.dll
O2 - BHO: DAPHelper Class - {0000CC75-ACF3-4cac-A0A9-DD3868E06852} - C:\Program Files\DAP\DAPBHO.DLL
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: DriveLetterAccess - {5CA3D70E-1895-11CF-8E15-001234567890} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswshx.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Super Ad Blocker Toolbar - {B4B3001E-0F56-4E51-8250-BDE11547EC55} - C:\Program Files\SuperAdBlocker.com\Super Ad Blocker\sabtb.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\jusched.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SigmatelSysTrayApp] stsystra.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATIPTA] "C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IntelMeM] C:\Program Files\Intel\Modem Event Monitor\IntelMEM.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DVDLauncher] "C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\DVDLauncher.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISUSPM Startup] C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\UPDATE~1\ISUSPM.exe -startup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISUSScheduler] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe" -start
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BJCFD] C:\Program Files\BroadJump\Client Foundation\CFD.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DownloadAccelerator] "C:\Program Files\DAP\DAP.EXE" /STARTUP
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [dla] C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswctrl.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PWRISOVM.EXE] C:\Program Files\PowerISO\PWRISOVM.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Tweak UI] RUNDLL32.EXE TWEAKUI.CPL,TweakMeUp
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ShStatEXE] "C:\Program Files\Network Associates\VirusScan\SHSTAT.EXE" /STANDALONE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [McAfeeUpdaterUI] "C:\Program Files\Network Associates\Common Framework\UpdaterUI.exe" /StartedFromRunKey
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Network Associates Error Reporting Service] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Network Associates\TalkBack\TBMon.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [!ewido] "C:\Program Files\ewido anti-spyware 4.0\ewido.exe" /minimized
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [DellSupport] "C:\Program Files\Dell Support\DSAgnt.exe" /startup
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SuperAdBlocker] C:\Program Files\SuperAdBlocker.com\Super Ad Blocker\SAdBlock.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: WinZip Quick Pick.lnk = C:\Program Files\WinZip\WZQKPICK.EXE
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Clean Traces - C:\Program Files\DAP\Privacy Package\dapcleanerie.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Download with &DAP - C:\Program Files\DAP\dapextie.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Google Search - res://C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmsearch.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Backward &Links - res://C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmbacklinks.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Cac&hed Snapshot of Page - res://C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmcache.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Download &all with DAP - C:\Program Files\DAP\dapextie2.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Si&milar Pages - res://C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmsimilar.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Translate into English - res://C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmtrans.html
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {B205A35E-1FC4-4CE3-818B-899DBBB3388C} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Encarta Search Bar\ENCSBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O12 - Plugin for .spop: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Plugins\NPDocBox.dll
O16 - DPF: {01A88BB1-1174-41EC-ACCB-963509EAE56B} (SysProWmi Class) - https://support.dell.com/systemprofiler/SysPro.CAB
O16 - DPF: {2BC66F54-93A8-11D3-BEB6-00105AA9B6AE} (Symantec AntiVirus scanner) - http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/SharedContent/vc/bin/AvSniff.cab
O16 - DPF: {3451DEDE-631F-421C-8127-FD793AFC6CC8} (ActiveDataInfo Class) - https://www-secure.symantec.com/techsupp/asa/ctrl/SymAData.cab
O16 - DPF: {44990200-3C9D-426D-81DF-AAB636FA4345} (Symantec SmartIssue) - https://www-secure.symantec.com/techsupp/asa/ctrl/tgctlsi.cab
O16 - DPF: {44990301-3C9D-426D-81DF-AAB636FA4345} (Symantec Script Runner Class) - https://www-secure.symantec.com/techsupp/asa/ctrl/tgctlsr.cab
O16 - DPF: {644E432F-49D3-41A1-8DD5-E099162EEEC5} (Symantec RuFSI Utility Class) - http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/SharedContent/common/bin/cabsa.cab
O18 - Protocol: msnim - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - "C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\msgrapp.dll" (file missing)
O20 - Winlogon Notify: SABWinLogon - C:\Program Files\SuperAdBlocker.com\Super Ad Blocker\SABWINLO.DLL
O20 - Winlogon Notify: WgaLogon - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WgaLogon.dll
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - ATI Technologies Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: ewido anti-spyware 4.0 guard - Anti-Malware Development a.s. - C:\Program Files\ewido anti-spyware 4.0\guard.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: iPodService - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: LicCtrl Service (LicCtrlService) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\runservice.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Framework Service (McAfeeFramework) - Network Associates, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Network Associates\Common Framework\FrameworkService.exe
O23 - Service: Network Associates McShield (McShield) - Network Associates, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Network Associates\VirusScan\Mcshield.exe
O23 - Service: Network Associates Task Manager (McTaskManager) - Network Associates, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Network Associates\VirusScan\VsTskMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Intel NCS NetService (NetSvc) - Intel(R) Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\PROSetWired\NCS\Sync\NetSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Super Ad Blocker Service (SABSVC) - SuperAdBlocker.com - C:\Program Files\SuperAdBlocker.com\Super Ad Blocker\SABSVC.EXE
O23 - Service: StarWind iSCSI Service (StarWindService) - Rocket Division Software - C:\Program Files\Alcohol Soft\Alcohol 120\StarWind\StarWindService.exe

hi again got the hijackthis problem sorted so heres the new log:

Scan saved at 19:54:05, on 09/08/2006
Running processes:
C:\Program Files\SuperAdBlocker.com\Super Ad Blocker\SABSVC.EXE
C:\Program Files\SuperAdBlocker.com\Super Ad Blocker\SAdBlock.exe
C:\Program Files\Hijackthis\HijackThis.exe
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.ntlworld.com/
O2 - BHO: SuperAdBlockerBHO Class - {00000000-6C30-11D8-9363-000AE6309654} - C:\Program Files\SuperAdBlocker.com\Super Ad Blocker\SABBHO.dll
O2 - BHO: DAPHelper Class - {0000CC75-ACF3-4cac-A0A9-DD3868E06852} - C:\Program Files\DAP\DAPBHO.DLL
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: DriveLetterAccess - {5CA3D70E-1895-11CF-8E15-001234567890} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswshx.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Super Ad Blocker Toolbar - {B4B3001E-0F56-4E51-8250-BDE11547EC55} - C:\Program Files\SuperAdBlocker.com\Super Ad Blocker\sabtb.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\jusched.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATIPTA] "C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IntelMeM] C:\Program Files\Intel\Modem Event Monitor\IntelMEM.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DVDLauncher] "C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\DVDLauncher.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISUSPM Startup] C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\UPDATE~1\ISUSPM.exe -startup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISUSScheduler] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe" -start
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ShStatEXE] "C:\Program Files\Network Associates\VirusScan\SHSTAT.EXE" /STANDALONE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [McAfeeUpdaterUI] "C:\Program Files\Network Associates\Common Framework\UpdaterUI.exe" /StartedFromRunKey
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Network Associates Error Reporting Service] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Network Associates\TalkBack\TBMon.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [!ewido] "C:\Program Files\ewido anti-spyware 4.0\ewido.exe" /minimized
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [DellSupport] "C:\Program Files\Dell Support\DSAgnt.exe" /startup
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SuperAdBlocker] C:\Program Files\SuperAdBlocker.com\Super Ad Blocker\SAdBlock.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: WinZip Quick Pick.lnk = C:\Program Files\WinZip\WZQKPICK.EXE
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Clean Traces - C:\Program Files\DAP\Privacy Package\dapcleanerie.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Download with &DAP - C:\Program Files\DAP\dapextie.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Google Search - res://C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmsearch.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Backward &Links - res://C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmbacklinks.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Cac&hed Snapshot of Page - res://C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmcache.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Download &all with DAP - C:\Program Files\DAP\dapextie2.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Si&milar Pages - res://C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmsimilar.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Translate into English - res://C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmtrans.html
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {B205A35E-1FC4-4CE3-818B-899DBBB3388C} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Encarta Search Bar\ENCSBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {01A88BB1-1174-41EC-ACCB-963509EAE56B} (SysProWmi Class) - https://support.dell.com/systemprofiler/SysPro.CAB
O16 - DPF: {2BC66F54-93A8-11D3-BEB6-00105AA9B6AE} (Symantec AntiVirus scanner) - http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/SharedContent/vc/bin/AvSniff.cab
O16 - DPF: {3451DEDE-631F-421C-8127-FD793AFC6CC8} (ActiveDataInfo Class) - https://www-secure.symantec.com/techsupp/asa/ctrl/SymAData.cab
O16 - DPF: {44990200-3C9D-426D-81DF-AAB636FA4345} (Symantec SmartIssue) - https://www-secure.symantec.com/techsupp/asa/ctrl/tgctlsi.cab
O16 - DPF: {44990301-3C9D-426D-81DF-AAB636FA4345} (Symantec Script Runner Class) - https://www-secure.symantec.com/techsupp/asa/ctrl/tgctlsr.cab
O16 - DPF: {644E432F-49D3-41A1-8DD5-E099162EEEC5} (Symantec RuFSI Utility Class) - http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/SharedContent/common/bin/cabsa.cab
O18 - Protocol: msnim - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - "C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\msgrapp.dll" (file missing)
O20 - Winlogon Notify: SABWinLogon - C:\Program Files\SuperAdBlocker.com\Super Ad Blocker\SABWINLO.DLL
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - ATI Technologies Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: ewido anti-spyware 4.0 guard - Anti-Malware Development a.s. - C:\Program Files\ewido anti-spyware 4.0\guard.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: iPodService - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: LicCtrl Service (LicCtrlService) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\runservice.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Framework Service (McAfeeFramework) - Network Associates, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Network Associates\Common Framework\FrameworkService.exe
O23 - Service: Network Associates McShield (McShield) - Network Associates, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Network Associates\VirusScan\Mcshield.exe
O23 - Service: Network Associates Task Manager (McTaskManager) - Network Associates, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Network Associates\VirusScan\VsTskMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Intel NCS NetService (NetSvc) - Intel(R) Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\PROSetWired\NCS\Sync\NetSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Super Ad Blocker Service (SABSVC) - SuperAdBlocker.com - C:\Program Files\SuperAdBlocker.com\Super Ad Blocker\SABSVC.EXE
O23 - Service: StarWind iSCSI Service (StarWindService) - Rocket Division Software - C:\Program Files\Alcohol Soft\Alcohol 120\StarWind\StarWindService.exe

not so sure however about the software to remove Spyheal is it the SmitFraudFix your talking about?

Yes, the SmitFraudFix program is the removal tool; please run that according to the directions on the page I linked to. There is no sign of the SpyHeal infection in your HJT log, although that isn't surprising given that some of the new versions of this family of infections hide themselves from HijackThis' detection.

Is this normal for this type of virus to break the intrenet connection??? When i try to install to NTL cd its claiming a network adapter error??

This particular infection does not (normally) break Internet connections; given the "network adapter" error that the NTL installer is giving you, I suspect that the connection problem is a separate issue, likely with a non-malicious cause.

* Please post the full and exact contents of the adapter error that you receive from the NTL installer.

Yes, the SmitFraudFix program is the removal tool; please run that according to the directions on the page I linked to. There is no sign of the SpyHeal infection in your HJT log, although that isn't surprising given that some of the new versions of this family of infections hide themselves from HijackThis' detection.

This particular infection does not (normally) break Internet connections; given the "network adapter" error that the NTL installer is giving you, I suspect that the connection problem is a separate issue, likely with a non-malicious cause.

* Please post the full and exact contents of the adapter error that you receive from the NTL installer.

Hi DMR i ran the SmitFraudFix program but when i rebooted and scanned with Ewido "adware.spyheal" keeps being detected even tho i keep removing it.

When trying to re install my internet CD an alert shows saying "BROWSER HOME PAGE CHANGE DETECTED, we have detected that your browser home has been chnged.If you didnt make this change,you may have spyware or adware on your system.

This message is displayed also:

network adapter error

Broadband set-up cd could not renew the ip address for your network adapter.

There may be a problem with your physical connection

"BROWSER HOME PAGE CHANGE DETECTED, we have detected that your browser home has been chnged.If you didnt make this change,you may have spyware or adware on your system.

That's a generic alert which is only telling you that something has changed your homepage. However, that "something" doesn't have to be malicious, and in this case I'm pretty sure that it's the NTL installer's action which is triggering the alert. As indicated in your HJT log, the NTL installer looks like it does set your homepage to NTL's site:

As for the SpyHeal infection, can you tell us exactly what file, Registry entry, etc. ewido is reporting to be infected. Having that info will give us a better idea of how to best remove the malicious component(s).

For the network connection error, please give us the details of your network/Internet hardware connection scheme. Knowing what devices you are using and how they are connected will help us determine where to look for the cause of the DHCP failure.

This is the ewido log:

HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet006\Services\HTTP -> Adware.SpyHeal : Cleaned with backup (quarantined).
HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet006\Services\HTTP\Parameters -> Adware.SpyHeal : Cleaned with backup (quarantined).
HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet006\Services\HTTP\Parameters\SslBindingInfo -> Adware.SpyHeal : Cleaned with backup (quarantined).
HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet006\Services\HTTP\Parameters\UrlAclInfo -> Adware.SpyHeal : Cleaned with backup (quarantined).
HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet006\Services\HTTP\Security -> Adware.SpyHeal : Cleaned with backup (quarantined).

For the network connection error, please give us the details of your network/Internet hardware connection scheme. Knowing what devices you are using and how they are connected will help us determine where to look for the cause of the DHCP failure.

Please excuse my ignorance but im not sure what your meaning?

This is the ewido log:...

That's it; that's the full contents of the ewido log?

im not sure what your meaning

No problem; I was asking for details like:

* The model # of the modem.
* Whether or not you have a router installed between the modem and the computer, and if so, the make/model of that router.
* Whether you are connecting the computer via a network cable, or via wireless.

That's it; that's the full contents of the ewido log?

No problem; I was asking for details like:

* The model # of the modem.
* Whether or not you have a router installed between the modem and the computer, and if so, the make/model of that router.
* Whether you are connecting the computer via a network cable, or via wireless.

Thats just the log of the infections found.

I dont have a router and its connected via cable modem

This is the log taken from 1st August :

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\WeatherBug\MiniBugTransporter.dll -> Adware.Minibug : No action taken.
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\ScreensaversInstaller.Installer -> Adware.Screensavers : No action taken.
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\ScreensaversInstaller.Installer.1 -> Adware.Screensavers : No action taken.
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\ScreensaversInstaller.Installer\CLSID -> Adware.Screensavers : No action taken.
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\ScreensaversInstaller.Installer\CurVer -> Adware.Screensavers : No action taken.
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\ScreensaversInstaller.Sinstaller -> Adware.Screensavers : No action taken.
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\ScreensaversInstaller.Sinstaller.1 -> Adware.Screensavers : No action taken.
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\ScreensaversInstaller.Sinstaller\CLSID -> Adware.Screensavers : No action taken.
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\ScreensaversInstaller.Sinstaller\CurVer -> Adware.Screensavers : No action taken.
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ScreensaversInstaller -> Adware.Screensavers : No action taken.
HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet006\Services\HTTP -> Adware.SpyHeal : No action taken.
HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet006\Services\HTTP\Parameters -> Adware.SpyHeal : No action taken.
HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet006\Services\HTTP\Parameters\SslBindingInfo -> Adware.SpyHeal : No action taken.
HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet006\Services\HTTP\Parameters\UrlAclInfo -> Adware.SpyHeal : No action taken.
HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet006\Services\HTTP\Security -> Adware.SpyHeal : No action taken.
C:\Documents and Settings\Brian Thompson\Local Settings\Temp\Pcsx2_0.9.1_Setup.exe/ps2vgapatch.exe -> Backdoor.Poison.a : No action taken.
C:\Documents and Settings\Brian Thompson\Local Settings\Temp\RarSFX0\ps2vgapatch.exe -> Backdoor.Poison.a : No action taken.
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Synacast\SynaLive\EvID4226Patch.exe -> Backdoor.Virkel.A : No action taken.
C:\Documents and Settings\Brian Thompson\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\javapi\v1.0\jar\java.jar-8fba448-6824b68f.zip/NewSecurityClassLoader.class -> Not-A-Virus.Exploit.ByteVerify : No action taken.
C:\Documents and Settings\Brian Thompson\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\javapi\v1.0\jar\java.jar-8fba448-6824b68f.zip/NewURLClassLoader.class -> Not-A-Virus.Exploit.ByteVerify : No action taken.
C:\Documents and Settings\Brian Thompson\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\javapi\v1.0\jar\loaderadv470.jar-1dbf9af3-268b12eb.zip/Dummy.class -> Not-A-Virus.Exploit.ByteVerify : No action taken.
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{E14DCE67-8FB7-4721-8149-179BAA4D792C} -> Trojan.Ciadoor.m : No action taken.

::Report end

im pressuming this problem cant be solved DMR?

Yes.

1. Have you run the SmitFraudFix program yet? If not, please do that, following the instructions in the link I gave in my 2nd post. After performing the procedure, post the contents of the C:\Rapport.txt log file that SmitFraudFix generated.

2. Download ATF-Cleaner and save it to the desktop or another convenient folder. Don't run the program yet.

3. * Reboot your computer in Safe Mode by doing the following :

• Restart your computer
  • After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, tap the F8 key continually;
  • Instead of Windows loading as normal, a menu with options should appear;
  • Select the first option, to run Windows in Safe Mode, then press "Enter".

* Run ATF-Cleaner
-
Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to open the program.
- Under Main choose: Select All
- Click the Empty Selected button.

If you use Firefox browser : Click Firefox at the top and choose: Select All
Click the Empty Selected button.
NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.

If you use Opera browser: Click Opera at the top and choose: Select All
Click the Empty Selected button.
NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.

* Open Ewido and configure it as follows:

- In the main ewido window, click on the "Scanner" option.
- In the Scanner window, click on "Settings" tab.
- Under the "How to act?" heading, set the "default action for detected malware" to Delete.
- Under "How to scan?" and "Possibly Unwanted Software", make sure all boxes are checked.
- Under "Reports", select "Automatically generate report after every scan".
- Under "What to scan?", Select "Scan every file".

Click on the "Scan" tab and then click "Complete system scan". Have ewido delete all malicious items it finds.

* Empty your Recycle Bin and reboot normally.

* Run HijackThis again and post the new log. Also post the log that ewido generated.

Once you've performed the spyware-cleaning procedures, we can start working through the network connection issue.

Hi DMR here are the reports you asked for;

SmitFraudFix v2.81
Scan done at 22:23:12.12, 10/08/2006
Run from C:\Documents and Settings\Brian Thompson\Desktop\SmitfraudFix
OS: Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600] - Windows_NT
Fix ran in safe mode
»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Before SmitFraudFix
!!!Attention, following keys are not inevitably infected!!!
SrchSTS.exe by S!Ri
Search SharedTaskScheduler's .dll
»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Killing process

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Generic Renos Fix
GenericRenosFix by S!Ri

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Deleting infected files

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Deleting Temp Files

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Registry Cleaning

Registry Cleaning done.

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» After SmitFraudFix
!!!Attention, following keys are not inevitably infected!!!
SrchSTS.exe by S!Ri
Search SharedTaskScheduler's .dll

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» End

ewido anti-spyware - Scan Report
---------------------------------------------------------
+ Created at: 18:47:03 11/08/2006
+ Scan result:

HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet006\Services\HTTP -> Adware.SpyHeal : No action taken.
HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet006\Services\HTTP\Parameters -> Adware.SpyHeal : No action taken.
HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet006\Services\HTTP\Parameters\SslBindingInfo -> Adware.SpyHeal : No action taken.
HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet006\Services\HTTP\Parameters\UrlAclInfo -> Adware.SpyHeal : No action taken.
HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet006\Services\HTTP\Security -> Adware.SpyHeal : No action taken.

I deleted all infections like you said but for some reason it still says No action taken.

Scan saved at 18:56:39, on 11/08/2006
Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Program Files\Hijackthis\HijackThis.exe

Hi DMR i have posted the logs like you requested

I'm honestly not sure why ewido won't/can't delete the HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet006\Services\HTTP entries, but we can do it manually:

* Open a new, blank text file in Windows Notepad
* Copy-n-paste the text in the Quote box below into that document
* Save the file to your desktop as SpyHealFix.reg
* Double-click on the file to run it
* Click "Yes" when prompted to add the information to the Registry
* Reboot

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet006\Services\HTTP]

* Once you've rebooted, run ewido again and see if it still detects anything. If so, post the log; if not, we'll move on to fixing your Internet connection.

Thanks for replying DMR il try that this evening and let you know the outcome

No luck im afraid DMR. I followed your instructions but got the following error message:

Cannot import SpyHealFix.reg:The specified file is not a registry script.
You can only import binary registry files from within the registry editor.

Not sure how this can be removed???

I think you accidentally grabbed the word "quote" in your cut-n-paste. :mrgreen:
The file should only contain the following two lines:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet006\Services\HTTP]

I tested the file before I posted instructions for creating it, so I know that it does work if done correctly.

Please excuse my ignorance DMR i shall try it the correct way this time. Thanks again for taking the time to reply and help out, its much appreciated

Hi DMR followed the instructions, the reg was added no problem but when i reboot and scan again the Aware.spyheal still remains:rolleyes: . I tried rebooting,scanning and deleting but it keeps coming back.

ewido anti-spyware - Scan Report
---------------------------------------------------------
+ Created at: 17:32:41 16/08/2006
+ Scan result:

HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet006\Services\HTTP -> Adware.SpyHeal : Cleaned.
HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet006\Services\HTTP\Parameters -> Adware.SpyHeal : Cleaned.
HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet006\Services\HTTP\Parameters\SslBindingInfo -> Adware.SpyHeal : Cleaned.
HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet006\Services\HTTP\Parameters\UrlAclInfo -> Adware.SpyHeal : Cleaned.
HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet006\Services\HTTP\Security -> Adware.SpyHeal : Cleaned.

Spyheal still there man

This one is being difficult, and I don't have a lot of information on it because it's a very new infection. Frustrating...

I'll need to check with a couple of other sources to see if I can get more details on the infections; please try to bear with me....

OK- let's try this:

1. Disable System Restore. Instructions and a short explanation are here.

2. Reboot into Safe Mode again, run ewido as before, and have it fix the SpyHeal Registry entries. Save the ewido log.

3. Reboot normally and run ewido one more time. Post that log and the ewido log done in Safe Mode.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.