ive had this problem for about 6 months but i just blew it off cause there was ways of getting around it. one night i was looking for a key gen for a program my dad was trying to get to work. knowing the risks i tried takeing all the percations(sp). when it looked as tho i found one i grabed a blank cd and downloaded this key gen to the cd instead of the harddrive. after this was done i shut all the programs down and put the cd in the drive. it came up saying what was on there so i double clicked it and BAM!!! the screen went black then came back on and his antivirus was saying viruses were trying to get in threw some back doors and it didnt allow them access. so i took the cd out and destroyed the cd. later that night i loaded up a internet explorer and a site came up as my homepage that wasnt supose to be there so i went into the internet options and changed it. the next day i tried useing google to do a search and it came up as cannot find server. ever since then i wasnt able to use anything from google. just today i needed to make a portfolio in one of my classes so i downloaded picassa(sp) as that is the program we are required to use. after it downloaded all my pictures i selected the ones i wanted and click blog and it came up but immediatly switched screens and said u need internet access to use this feature. which i didnt realize that picassa is a google program so all day today ive been trying to fix this problem with google but i cannot do it. is there anyone out there that can???

Recommended Answers

All 14 Replies

Download HiJackThis from here.

Make a new folder called HJT in the C: directory(C:\HJT) Extract the zip contents to that folder. Run HJT and select the scan option. After it finishes scanning there should be a save log button. Once clicked it should open up a notepad file with the log. Copy and Paste the contents of the note pad file in your next reply.

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 5:17:08 PM, on 5/25/2007
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)
Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZCfgSvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\S24EvMon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
c:\program files\common files\logitech\lvmvfm\LVPrcSrv.exe
C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\ALUSchedulerSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe
C:\Program Files\Sprint\Pantech\Sprint Mobile Broadband (Pantech)\PWIUtilityService.exe
C:\Program Files\PC Tools AntiVirus\PCTAVSvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\HPZipm12.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\RegSrvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\RoamMgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\snmp.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\AppCore\AppSvc32.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Switching\User\RoamSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\hpcoretech\hpcmpmgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\hpztsb09.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Logitech\LComMgr\Communications_Helper.exe
C:\Program Files\Logitech\QuickCam10\QuickCam10.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Logitech\LComMgr\LVComSX.exe
C:\Program Files\PC Tools AntiVirus\PCTAV.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\WALGRE~1\WALGRE~1\data\Xtras\mssysmgr.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe
C:\Program Files\Kodak\Kodak EasyShare software\bin\EasyShare.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit\QuickBooks\QBUpdate\qbupdate.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqnrs08.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Logishrd\LQCVFX\COCIManager.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqSTE08.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\HPZinw12.exe
C:\Program Files\internet explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE
C:\unzipped\hijackthis\HijackThis.exe

why

Huh?

And computer crazy that isn't a complete log. After the running processes there should be more that start with R0, R3, 02, 04 and ends with 023 entries. Make sure you copy and paste the entire notepad document.

Scan saved at 5:17:08 PM, on 5/25/2007
Running processes:
C:\Program Files\Sprint\Pantech\Sprint Mobile Broadband (Pantech)\PWIUtilityService.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\HPZipm12.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Kodak\Kodak EasyShare software\bin\EasyShare.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\HPZinw12.exe
C:\Program Files\internet explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.ctnis.com/
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local
R3 - URLSearchHook: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\yt.dll
O1 - Hosts: HP90DB42 HP0018FE90DB42
O2 - BHO: &Yahoo! Toolbar Helper - {02478D38-C3F9-4efb-9B51-7695ECA05670} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\yt.dll
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: Skype add-on (mastermind) - {22BF413B-C6D2-4d91-82A9-A0F997BA588C} - C:\PROGRA~1\Skype\Phone\IEPlugin\SKYPEI~1.DLL
O2 - BHO: eBay Toolbar Helper - {22D8E815-4A5E-4DFB-845E-AAB64207F5BD} - C:\Program Files\eBay\eBay Toolbar2\eBayTB.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: Yahoo! IE Services Button - {5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yiesrvc.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O3 - Toolbar: eBay Toolbar - {92085AD4-F48A-450D-BD93-B28CC7DF67CE} - C:\Program Files\eBay\eBay Toolbar2\eBayTB.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\yt.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [osCheck] "C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\osCheck.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Synchronization Manager] %SystemRoot%\system32\mobsync.exe /logon
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Component Manager] "C:\Program Files\HP\hpcoretech\hpcmpmgr.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPDJ Taskbar Utility] C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\hpztsb09.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LogitechCommunicationsManager] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Logitech\LComMgr\Communications_Helper.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LogitechQuickCamRibbon] "C:\Program Files\Logitech\QuickCam10\QuickCam10.exe" /hide
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LVCOMSX] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Logitech\LComMgr\LVComSX.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PCTAVApp] "C:\Program Files\PC Tools AntiVirus\PCTAV.exe" /MONITORSCAN
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Software Update] C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Walgreens PhotoShow Media Manager] C:\PROGRA~1\WALGRE~1\WALGRE~1\data\Xtras\mssysmgr.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = ?
O4 - Global Startup: HP Digital Imaging Monitor.lnk = C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe
O4 - Global Startup: HP Photosmart Premier Fast Start.lnk = C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqthb08.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Kodak EasyShare software.lnk = C:\Program Files\Kodak\Kodak EasyShare software\bin\EasyShare.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: QuickBooks Update Agent.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit\QuickBooks\QBUpdate\qbupdate.exe
O6 - HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Control Panel present
O8 - Extra context menu item: &eBay Search - res://C:\Program Files\eBay\eBay Toolbar2\eBayTb.dll/RCSearch.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: Yahoo! Services - {5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yiesrvc.dll
O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\Shdocvw.dll
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: c:\program files\bonjour\mdnsnsp.dll
O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: c:\program files\common files\pc tools\lsp\pctlsp.dll
O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: c:\program files\common files\pc tools\lsp\pctlsp.dll
O16 - DPF: {30528230-99f7-4bb4-88d8-fa1d4f56a2ab} (Installation Support) - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\Yinsthelper.dll
O16 - DPF: {6E32070A-766D-4EE6-879C-DC1FA91D2FC3} (MUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdate/v6/V5Controls/en/x86/client/muweb_site.cab?1161145098876
O18 - Protocol: skype4com - {FFC8B962-9B40-4DFF-9458-1830C7DD7F5D} - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\Skype\SKYPE4~1.DLL
O20 - AppInit_DLLs:
O20 - Winlogon Notify: igfxcui - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\igfxsrvc.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: Sebring - C:\WINDOWS\System32\LgNotify.dll
O21 - SSODL: WPDShServiceObj - {AAA288BA-9A4C-45B0-95D7-94D524869DB5} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\WPDShServiceObj.dll
O23 - Service: Automatic LiveUpdate Scheduler - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\ALUSchedulerSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Bonjour Service - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe" /h ccCommon (file missing)
O23 - Service: Symantec Settings Manager (ccSetMgr) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe" /h ccCommon (file missing)
O23 - Service: Symantec Lic NetConnect service (CLTNetCnService) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe" /h ccCommon (file missing)
O23 - Service: Google Updater Service (gusvc) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
O23 - Service: HP Port Resolver - Hewlett-Packard Company - C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\HPBPRO.EXE
O23 - Service: HP Status Server - Hewlett-Packard Company - C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\HPBOID.EXE
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: Adapter Switching (IntelRoam) - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Switching\User\RoamSvc.exe
O23 - Service: iPodService - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec IS Password Validation (ISPwdSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\isPwdSvc.exe
O23 - Service: LiveUpdate - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\Symantec\LIVEUP~1\LUCOMS~1.EXE
O23 - Service: Process Monitor (LVPrcSrv) - Logitech Inc. - c:\program files\common files\logitech\lvmvfm\LVPrcSrv.exe
O23 - Service: LVSrvLauncher - Logitech Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Logitech\SrvLnch\SrvLnch.exe
O23 - Service: Intel NCS NetService (NetSvc) - Intel(R) Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\NCS\Sync\NetSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Pantech Utility Service - Sprint Spectrum, L.L.C - C:\Program Files\Sprint\Pantech\Sprint Mobile Broadband (Pantech)\PWIUtilityService.exe
O23 - Service: PC Tools AntiVirus Engine (PCTAVSvc) - PC Tools Research Pty Ltd - C:\Program Files\PC Tools AntiVirus\PCTAVSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Pml Driver HPZ12 - HP - C:\WINDOWS\system32\HPZipm12.exe
O23 - Service: RegSrvc - Intel Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\System32\RegSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: RoamMgr - Intel Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\System32\RoamMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Spectrum24 Event Monitor (S24EventMonitor) - Intel Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\System32\S24EvMon.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Core LC - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec AppCore Service (SymAppCore) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\AppCore\AppSvc32.exe

Ok I want you to do two things

First run HJT again and place a checkmark next to the following.

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local
O1 - Hosts: HP90DB42 HP0018FE90DB42
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE(Not bad but takes up alot of memory.)
O20 - AppInit_DLLs:

Now click fix checked.

Next i want you to run the following scanner.

Please download and install ewido anti-spyware tool(Now called AVG Anti-spware)

• Close all other Applications Select language click Ok
  • Click I Agree
  • Click next
  • Click Install
  • Click Finish
  • Wait Ewido will open main screen automatically.
  • Wait again a few minutes and Ewido Should Auto update itself. If it doesn't click update at top of screen.
  • This in very important to get updates
  • When updating has finished. Close Ewido.

If you have an "always on" connection to the internet, physically disconnect that connection until you are finished with Safe Mode and have rebooted back into normal mode.

• Next, please reboot your computer in Safe Mode by doing the following:
  • Restart your computer
  • After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, press F8.
  • Instead of Windows loading as normal, a menu should appear use arrow up to highlight
  • Select the first option, to run Windows in Safe Mode hit enter.
  • For additional help in booting into Safe Mode, see the following site: HERE

You MUST manage to get into Safe Mode for the fix to work.

Make sure to close all open windows/programs/folders. Have nothing else open while ewido performs its scan!

• Open Ewido
  • Click on scanner top of Ewido sceen
  • Click on Settings
  • Under How to Act click on Recommended Action choose Quarantine
  • Under How to scan all boxes should be selected
  • Under Possibly unwanted software all boxes should be selected
  • On right side under Reports: click on Automatically generate report after every scan.
  • Under What to scan select scan every file
  • Click On scan Tab
  • Click on Complete system scan
  • Let the program scan the machine It can take awhile give it time.
  • When scan has finished At bottom of screen click Apply all Actions
  • Click Save report
  • Click Save Report as (Save as window's screen should pop up.)
  • Click desktop
  • Click Save
  • Exit ewido

Reboot back to normal mode

In your next post include the AVG log as well as a new HJT log from after the AVG scan.

idk what it did but when i clicked fix checked it came up with an error talking about it faild at makeing a back up of a certian file and said to email this person for more info click ok to finish up scan.

ok i did another scan all those are gone and also if made a back up of all those files what should do with them

Scan saved at 2:27:47 PM, on 5/26/2007
Running processes:
C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\guard.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\avgas.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqimzone.exe
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.ctnis.com/
R3 - URLSearchHook: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\yt.dll
O2 - BHO: &Yahoo! Toolbar Helper - {02478D38-C3F9-4efb-9B51-7695ECA05670} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\yt.dll
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: Skype add-on (mastermind) - {22BF413B-C6D2-4d91-82A9-A0F997BA588C} - C:\PROGRA~1\Skype\Phone\IEPlugin\SKYPEI~1.DLL
O2 - BHO: eBay Toolbar Helper - {22D8E815-4A5E-4DFB-845E-AAB64207F5BD} - C:\Program Files\eBay\eBay Toolbar2\eBayTB.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: Yahoo! IE Services Button - {5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yiesrvc.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O3 - Toolbar: eBay Toolbar - {92085AD4-F48A-450D-BD93-B28CC7DF67CE} - C:\Program Files\eBay\eBay Toolbar2\eBayTB.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\yt.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [osCheck] "C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\osCheck.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Synchronization Manager] %SystemRoot%\system32\mobsync.exe /logon
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Component Manager] "C:\Program Files\HP\hpcoretech\hpcmpmgr.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPDJ Taskbar Utility] C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\hpztsb09.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LogitechCommunicationsManager] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Logitech\LComMgr\Communications_Helper.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LogitechQuickCamRibbon] "C:\Program Files\Logitech\QuickCam10\QuickCam10.exe" /hide
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LVCOMSX] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Logitech\LComMgr\LVComSX.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PCTAVApp] "C:\Program Files\PC Tools AntiVirus\PCTAV.exe" /MONITORSCAN
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Software Update] C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [!AVG Anti-Spyware] "C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\avgas.exe" /minimized
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Walgreens PhotoShow Media Manager] C:\PROGRA~1\WALGRE~1\WALGRE~1\data\Xtras\mssysmgr.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = ?
O4 - Global Startup: HP Digital Imaging Monitor.lnk = C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe
O4 - Global Startup: HP Photosmart Premier Fast Start.lnk = C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqthb08.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Kodak EasyShare software.lnk = C:\Program Files\Kodak\Kodak EasyShare software\bin\EasyShare.exe
O4 - Global Startup: QuickBooks Update Agent.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit\QuickBooks\QBUpdate\qbupdate.exe
O6 - HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Control Panel present
O8 - Extra context menu item: &eBay Search - res://C:\Program Files\eBay\eBay Toolbar2\eBayTb.dll/RCSearch.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: Yahoo! Services - {5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yiesrvc.dll
O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\Shdocvw.dll
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: c:\program files\bonjour\mdnsnsp.dll
O16 - DPF: {30528230-99f7-4bb4-88d8-fa1d4f56a2ab} (Installation Support) - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\Yinsthelper.dll
O16 - DPF: {6E32070A-766D-4EE6-879C-DC1FA91D2FC3} (MUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdate/v6/V5Controls/en/x86/client/muweb_site.cab?1161145098876
O18 - Protocol: skype4com - {FFC8B962-9B40-4DFF-9458-1830C7DD7F5D} - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\Skype\SKYPE4~1.DLL
O20 - Winlogon Notify: igfxcui - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\igfxsrvc.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: Sebring - C:\WINDOWS\System32\LgNotify.dll
O21 - SSODL: WPDShServiceObj - {AAA288BA-9A4C-45B0-95D7-94D524869DB5} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\WPDShServiceObj.dll
O23 - Service: Automatic LiveUpdate Scheduler - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\ALUSchedulerSvc.exe
O23 - Service: AVG Anti-Spyware Guard - Anti-Malware Development a.s. - C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\guard.exe
O23 - Service: Bonjour Service - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe" /h ccCommon (file missing)
O23 - Service: Symantec Settings Manager (ccSetMgr) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe" /h ccCommon (file missing)
O23 - Service: Symantec Lic NetConnect service (CLTNetCnService) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe" /h ccCommon (file missing)
O23 - Service: Google Updater Service (gusvc) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
O23 - Service: HP Port Resolver - Hewlett-Packard Company - C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\HPBPRO.EXE
O23 - Service: HP Status Server - Hewlett-Packard Company - C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\HPBOID.EXE
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: Adapter Switching (IntelRoam) - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Switching\User\RoamSvc.exe
O23 - Service: iPodService - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec IS Password Validation (ISPwdSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\isPwdSvc.exe
O23 - Service: LiveUpdate - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\Symantec\LIVEUP~1\LUCOMS~1.EXE
O23 - Service: Process Monitor (LVPrcSrv) - Logitech Inc. - c:\program files\common files\logitech\lvmvfm\LVPrcSrv.exe
O23 - Service: LVSrvLauncher - Logitech Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Logitech\SrvLnch\SrvLnch.exe
O23 - Service: Intel NCS NetService (NetSvc) - Intel(R) Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\NCS\Sync\NetSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Pantech Utility Service - Sprint Spectrum, L.L.C - C:\Program Files\Sprint\Pantech\Sprint Mobile Broadband (Pantech)\PWIUtilityService.exe
O23 - Service: PC Tools AntiVirus Engine (PCTAVSvc) - PC Tools Research Pty Ltd - C:\Program Files\PC Tools AntiVirus\PCTAVSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Pml Driver HPZ12 - HP - C:\WINDOWS\system32\HPZipm12.exe
O23 - Service: RegSrvc - Intel Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\System32\RegSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: RoamMgr - Intel Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\System32\RoamMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Spectrum24 Event Monitor (S24EventMonitor) - Intel Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\System32\S24EvMon.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Core LC - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec AppCore Service (SymAppCore) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\AppCore\AppSvc32.exe

---------------------------------------------------------
AVG Anti-Spyware - Scan Report
---------------------------------------------------------
+ Created at: 2:19:13 PM 5/26/2007
+ Scan result:

:mozilla.27:C:\Documents and Settings\steve\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\9h2mugm8.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.2o7 : Cleaned.
C:\Documents and Settings\steve\Cookies\steve@enterprisenewsmedia.122.2o7[1].txt -> TrackingCookie.2o7 : Cleaned.
C:\Documents and Settings\steve\Cookies\steve@paypal.112.2o7[1].txt -> TrackingCookie.2o7 : Cleaned.
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Cookies\administrator@admarketplace[2].txt -> TrackingCookie.Admarketplace : Cleaned.
:mozilla.28:C:\Documents and Settings\steve\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\9h2mugm8.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Advertising : Cleaned.
:mozilla.29:C:\Documents and Settings\steve\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\9h2mugm8.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Advertising : Cleaned.
:mozilla.31:C:\Documents and Settings\steve\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\9h2mugm8.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Advertising : Cleaned.
:mozilla.32:C:\Documents and Settings\steve\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\9h2mugm8.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Advertising : Cleaned.
:mozilla.26:C:\Documents and Settings\steve\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\9h2mugm8.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Atdmt : Cleaned.
C:\Documents and Settings\steve\Cookies\steve@citi.bridgetrack[1].txt -> TrackingCookie.Bridgetrack : Cleaned.
C:\Documents and Settings\steve\Cookies\steve@citi.bridgetrack[3].txt -> TrackingCookie.Bridgetrack : Cleaned.
:mozilla.12:C:\Documents and Settings\steve\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\9h2mugm8.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Doubleclick : Cleaned.
C:\Documents and Settings\steve\Cookies\steve@e-2dj6wakigiczefp.stats.esomniture[1].txt -> TrackingCookie.Esomniture : Cleaned.
C:\Documents and Settings\steve\Cookies\steve@e-2dj6wgloajcpoho.stats.esomniture[1].txt -> TrackingCookie.Esomniture : Cleaned.
C:\Documents and Settings\steve\Cookies\steve@e-2dj6wgmyoncpkgo.stats.esomniture[1].txt -> TrackingCookie.Esomniture : Cleaned.
C:\Documents and Settings\steve\Cookies\steve@e-2dj6wjkygndzabq.stats.esomniture[1].txt -> TrackingCookie.Esomniture : Cleaned.
C:\Documents and Settings\steve\Cookies\steve@e-2dj6wjloohczcco.stats.esomniture[1].txt -> TrackingCookie.Esomniture : Cleaned.
:mozilla.34:C:\Documents and Settings\steve\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\9h2mugm8.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Hitbox : Cleaned.
:mozilla.35:C:\Documents and Settings\steve\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\9h2mugm8.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Hitbox : Cleaned.
:mozilla.36:C:\Documents and Settings\steve\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\9h2mugm8.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Hitbox : Cleaned.
C:\Documents and Settings\steve\Cookies\steve@www.myaffiliateprogram[1].txt -> TrackingCookie.Myaffiliateprogram : Cleaned.
C:\Documents and Settings\steve\Cookies\steve@overture[1].txt -> TrackingCookie.Overture : Cleaned.
C:\Documents and Settings\steve\Cookies\steve@overture[3].txt -> TrackingCookie.Overture : Cleaned.
:mozilla.22:C:\Documents and Settings\steve\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\9h2mugm8.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Paypal : Cleaned.
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Cookies\administrator@www.paypal[1].txt -> TrackingCookie.Paypal : Cleaned.
C:\Documents and Settings\steve\Cookies\steve@www.paypal[1].txt -> TrackingCookie.Paypal : Cleaned.
C:\Documents and Settings\steve\Cookies\steve@ads.pointroll[1].txt -> TrackingCookie.Pointroll : Cleaned.
C:\Documents and Settings\steve\Cookies\steve@questionmarket[2].txt -> TrackingCookie.Questionmarket : Cleaned.
C:\Documents and Settings\steve\Cookies\steve@realmedia[1].txt -> TrackingCookie.Realmedia : Cleaned.
C:\Documents and Settings\steve\Cookies\steve@serving-sys[2].txt -> TrackingCookie.Serving-sys : Cleaned.
C:\Documents and Settings\steve\Cookies\steve@serving-sys[3].txt -> TrackingCookie.Serving-sys : Cleaned.
C:\Documents and Settings\steve\Cookies\steve@adopt.specificclick[1].txt -> TrackingCookie.Specificclick : Cleaned.
C:\Documents and Settings\steve\Cookies\steve@adopt.specificclick[2].txt -> TrackingCookie.Specificclick : Cleaned.
C:\Documents and Settings\steve\Cookies\steve@adopt.specificclick[3].txt -> TrackingCookie.Specificclick : Cleaned.
C:\Documents and Settings\steve\Cookies\steve@adopt.specificclick[4].txt -> TrackingCookie.Specificclick : Cleaned.
C:\Documents and Settings\steve\Cookies\steve@adopt.specificclick[5].txt -> TrackingCookie.Specificclick : Cleaned.
C:\Documents and Settings\steve\Cookies\steve@adopt.specificclick[6].txt -> TrackingCookie.Specificclick : Cleaned.
C:\Documents and Settings\steve\Cookies\steve@adopt.specificclick[8].txt -> TrackingCookie.Specificclick : Cleaned.
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Cookies\administrator@tacoda[2].txt -> TrackingCookie.Tacoda : Cleaned.
C:\Documents and Settings\steve\Cookies\steve@anad.tacoda[1].txt -> TrackingCookie.Tacoda : Cleaned.
C:\Documents and Settings\steve\Cookies\steve@tacoda[1].txt -> TrackingCookie.Tacoda : Cleaned.
C:\Documents and Settings\steve\Cookies\steve@tacoda[2].txt -> TrackingCookie.Tacoda : Cleaned.
C:\Documents and Settings\steve\Cookies\steve@tacoda[3].txt -> TrackingCookie.Tacoda : Cleaned.
C:\Documents and Settings\steve\Cookies\steve@tacoda[5].txt -> TrackingCookie.Tacoda : Cleaned.
C:\Documents and Settings\steve\Cookies\steve@trafficmp[10].txt -> TrackingCookie.Trafficmp : Cleaned.
C:\Documents and Settings\steve\Cookies\steve@trafficmp[11].txt -> TrackingCookie.Trafficmp : Cleaned.
C:\Documents and Settings\steve\Cookies\steve@trafficmp[1].txt -> TrackingCookie.Trafficmp : Cleaned.
C:\Documents and Settings\steve\Cookies\steve@trafficmp[2].txt -> TrackingCookie.Trafficmp : Cleaned.
C:\Documents and Settings\steve\Cookies\steve@trafficmp[3].txt -> TrackingCookie.Trafficmp : Cleaned.
C:\Documents and Settings\steve\Cookies\steve@trafficmp[4].txt -> TrackingCookie.Trafficmp : Cleaned.
C:\Documents and Settings\steve\Cookies\steve@trafficmp[5].txt -> TrackingCookie.Trafficmp : Cleaned.
C:\Documents and Settings\steve\Cookies\steve@trafficmp[6].txt -> TrackingCookie.Trafficmp : Cleaned.
C:\Documents and Settings\steve\Cookies\steve@trafficmp[7].txt -> TrackingCookie.Trafficmp : Cleaned.
C:\Documents and Settings\steve\Cookies\steve@trafficmp[8].txt -> TrackingCookie.Trafficmp : Cleaned.
C:\Documents and Settings\steve\Cookies\steve@trafficmp[9].txt -> TrackingCookie.Trafficmp : Cleaned.
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Cookies\administrator@ad.yieldmanager[1].txt -> TrackingCookie.Yieldmanager : Cleaned.
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{15E95E7D-07BA-442C-95A7-3DDB57C9660A}\RP288\A0080735.exe -> Trojan.ProcKill.DJ : Cleaned.
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{15E95E7D-07BA-442C-95A7-3DDB57C9660A}\RP288\A0080736.exe -> Trojan.ProcKill.DJ : Cleaned.
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{15E95E7D-07BA-442C-95A7-3DDB57C9660A}\RP288\A0080738.exe -> Trojan.ProcKill.DJ : Cleaned.

::Report end

sorry about the delay, i was sick for the last few days so I couldn't get out of bed.

Anyways, your HJT log looks clean.

I have a questions though.
Can you access the internet via Mozilla Firefox?

Also you have two Anti-Virus Programs running at once(PcTools and Nortan) which can be bad. Which one is the one you want to use?

I would also try opening Internet Explorer and going to Tools>Reset Web Settings.

well first things first we have been able to get on firefox cause that was the first thing i did to see if google was working. both of those viruse scans are out of date. pctools is a free scan then u buy there product and we didnt buy it but ill remove it. another thing i reset the settings and its still not working. it comes up with a message saying cant not be displayed dns error or no internet connection

LOL.. I can't believe i didn't realize this sooner. I think i have found the reason google things stop working. This happened to me a couple years ago and it was because of Norton Anti-Virus(The worst one of them all). Here a link to when this happend to me.

Heres what you should do first go here and follow the instructions to remove Norton from your computer.

Then get another better Anti-virus program like MaCafee or AVG Anti-virus.(Just google one of them. I recommend AVG)

In your next post tell me if this worked. If not then all i did was get you a better anti-virus, but this procedure worked for me.

ok bad news it didnt work. also how do u set up the avg cause right now all the firewalls and all that is shut off on it. what should be on?

You should get all the necessary updates for AVG then the firewall should enable itself. Also make sure that the Windows Firewall is off.

I don't think that this problem is being caused by malware so i think you should try posting a new thread in the windows XP section of the windows forums. Thx.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.