First off, I'd like to mention that I'm new to this so I'm not sure if I'm posting correctly. Please advise me if not.

The OS is WinXP Home, SP1
The make and model is Dell, Dimension 4400, P4-1.6G, 384mb RAM

Started having problems after installing Incredimail, may or may not be related.

Had (have?) CWS and Trojan.bookmarker.gen infections, used CWshredder and Norton instructions to get rid of most problems.

I'd like to post my first hijackthis log as well as the current one to make sure I didn't delete something I shouldn't have and to find out what else I need to fix.

Current problem is the .gen keeps coming back. Norton finds it but can't fix it. I go to the temp folder where it says the files are and delete them, but it also says there's a .dll in the System 32 folder but I can't find it; I've even tried the PV runme.bat.

Thanks for any assistance you can offer!

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Check out our Security forum section, please. You should start with the "Helping yourself" topic which is 'Stickied' near the top of page. I'll move this topic to that section for you, to save you the trouble of posting it again.

I'll move this topic to that section for you, to save you the trouble of posting it again.

And you would be moving this when, Terry? :mrgreen:

- Thread moving now...

Oh! :o

heh heh.........

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.