Hello!

My internet explorer is stuck on this homepage. res://C:\WINDOWS\eeskz.dll/index.html#37049

What I've done so far is run bho demon where it detected atlzb32.dll, but i did not delete it yet because im not sure if that is the problem.

Also i ran ad-aware 6, wherein i followed the instructions i found on another thread (http://www.daniweb.com/techtalkforums/thread4762.html), but it did not help either.

i tried getting a cwshredder from http://209.133.47.200/~merijn/files/CWShredder.exe but the page never opens. I also tried running aboutbuster but it keeps saying that there is an error and it just closes.

Please help!

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

ARGH!!!! I cannot for some reason download cwshredder or spybot s&d. Im not able to get this thing off of my computer. please help!

Since you've indicated that you have spyware/hijackware problems, I'm moving this to our Security forum so that our security experts can give you their input. :)

1. If your version of Windows has the option of booting into "Safe Mode with Networking Support", try that. To get to the Safe Mode menu, hit the F8 key as your system first starts to boot (right at the end of the BIOS messages on the black screen, just before the "Starting Windows"-type message appears). That might at least allow you to get to the download sites.

2. If you can get to the CWShredder site, also download another program there called HijackThis.

3. If you cannot get to Merijn's site, let me know and I will send you the current versions of CWSredder and HJT.

Hi! I tried running in safe mode with networking as you suggested, Im running windows xp sp1, but I still cant download a cwshredder or a hijackthis.

I also tried deleting the dll file that bho demon detects but it just keeps on coming back with a different name.

I would have done a system restore but I found out that my brother turned it off, so its no use. :cry:

I also tried deleting the dll file that bho demon detects but it just keeps on coming back with a different name.

Yes- unfortunately, many of these malicious progams have the ability to change the names of the files they create and use. You won't get anywhere by trying to delete these individual files, as they are only components of the main program, which is hiding elsewhere on your system.

I would have done a system restore but I found out that my brother turned it off, so its no use.

That's actually OK- if your system was infected at the time that previous restore points were saved and you did a system restore now, you would restore the infections.

Can you reach this site?:

www.stevewolfonline.com

If so, I'll post copies of the removal utilities there for you. If not, I can email them to you. Don't post your email address here though- contact me via a Private Messages.

Wow! I just typed up a response and then it wont let me hit send, and then it wont let me back into the site, keeps me back to the home search page. grrr!!!!

so i disabled the thingy first in bho demon and hopefully this will get posted.

I am able to get into the site that you posted. Thank you so much for your help. This is annoying the hell out of me.

I forogot to mention that when I try to download cwshredder or spybot s&d from any site, it always goes up to 99% then stops and tells me that it cannot copy from the source file or disk. Im saving it onto its own folder and not into temporary internet files. I guess the virus is doing that?

Thanks so much!!!!

Yeah, it could vey well be the spyware/virus that's fighting your downloads. I don't know if you'll have any better luck getting HJT and CWShredder from the link below, but give it a try:

http://www.stevewolfonline.com/Downloads/DMR/DMRCA/Malware%20Utilities/

Also, if you have access to another computer with a CD burner, download the programs onto that machine, burn them to CD, and install them on your machine that way.

Thanks so much for your help! But my brother went ahead and reformatted the computer without saying anything so bye bye to all my files and programs.... :cry: Thanks anyways! :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.