well i have installed suse 9.0 and windows xp ,but after formatting windows xp
due to some reason , ihave formatted the only c drive which had windows system files but after unastaling windows xp it was unable to show suse 9.0
at the beginning .
after that i tried to install suse again or recover suse 9.0 but it gives an error
of partition table and ask for formatting hard drive.
tell me any way how can i recover suse linux!!!!

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

no replys till now !!!!!
why
help me its important as i need linux on my computer urgently, come up with some solution as early as possible!!!!

please post in your previous and it will become current no need to start another
thread. i think the reason that you have yet to receive a reply is there isn't lots
of info to go on. it isnt even 24 hours old. check your previous post for questions and reply there. please dont demand or beg its just not conducive to keeping ones dignity. :rolleyes:

View your previous thread here:
http://www.daniweb.com/techtalkforums/showthread.php?t=10216

format usually gets the whole disk. (unless there are multiple partitions.) im not quite sure
what you have done in what order. Im a big fan of installing windows then linux and havnt had any problems with dual boot. as far as recovering your system i think we all need alot more info to go on... ..like: What was your installation order? Were there any errors generated? did an installation fail to complete? How many partitions do you have? How many disks? What type of system Hardware are you running? did you perform custom installations or allow the OS's to install themselves?
You get the picture
However if you have performed this step "i tried to install suse again or recover suse 9.0 but it gives an error
of partition table and ask for formatting hard drive."
I am very concerned as you may have corrupted or wiped out data that was needed for recovery. Your only option may be a reinstall of the whole dang thing. :!:

well first i installed windows xp and then i installed suse linux on my computer.
for windows xp -cdrive ,d drive ,e drive
for linux i made a seperate partition
to reinstall the linux it encounters the problem!!!.

no replys till now !!!!!
why
help me its important as i need linux on my computer urgently, come up with some solution as early as possible!!!!

Please do not post such a demand here again- it is simply rude.

Everyone's problem here is urgent, and your's is no more urgent than any other. Also keep in mind that we volunteer our time here, and are under no obligation to do so other than our desire to help. Believe me, if our members have a choice between answering a politely-asked request for assistance and a demand such as yours, the politely-asked question will get the attention.

well that was just a request made and arude reply from you!!!!

commented: very rude, asks for help and when he doesnt get it fast enough is rude about it. +0

No, my request was not rude; trust me- you would have gotten a much more pointed response on some of the other tech support forums out there.

On any support site it is considered impolite to wait less than 18 hours after asking your question before demanding that members "come up with some solution as early as possible!!!!".

If we're dealing with a language difference (that is, English is not your primary language), then I apologize for my possible misinterpretation of the tone of your post. If the way your post reads is exatcly the way you meant it to read however, I stand by what I've told you.

If you have further questions as to my posts, please contact me via the forum's Private Message function; the forums themselves are not a venue for arguments or disagreements.

Thank you.

well first i installed windows xp and then i installed suse linux on my computer.
for windows xp -cdrive ,d drive ,e drive
for linux i made a seperate partition
to reinstall the linux it encounters the problem!!!.

To try to answer your question though-

- On which drive are you trying to install SuSE, and how is that drive partitioned.

- When you say "it encounters the problem", what is the exact error message concerning the partition table?

- What program/utility are you using to partition the drives?

commented: way to handle that! +3

well i have installed suse 9.0 and windows xp ,but after formatting windows xp
due to some reason , ihave formatted the only c drive which had windows system files but after unastaling windows xp it was unable to show suse 9.0
at the beginning .
after that i tried to install suse again or recover suse 9.0 but it gives an error
of partition table and ask for formatting hard drive.
tell me any way how can i recover suse linux!!!!

You are tying to install a dual booting system.
When you install Linux it normally places the boot loader (i.e. Grub)
in the MBR (Master Boot Record).
Windows XP (NT 5.2) also loads a boot loader in the MBR, overwriting
the Linux boot loader.
This is where you are in your posting. The solution is here:

http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/docs/HOWTO/other-formats/html_single/Linux+WinNT.html#s6

This was found on the http://www.tldp.org/ site. There are other very useful HowTo's here.

BubbaExtra

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.