Hi guys,

I am having a problem with my mail server configuration. I am hosting 2 mail domains (one for a game I play, the other for my business). I had set up the game domain first. It works beautifully, receiving mail from both domains just fine. I can access everything from my workstation on the LAN. The strangeness comes when I try to get my IMAP mail from any other comuter on the internet. I can access the mail server just fine using the game.domain.net but if I try to connect to it using mail.business-domain.com, I get a connection refused message. Both domain names point to the exact same IP address! I reconfigured postfix to use the business-domain.com address when I first started that domain.

I am sure where the problem could be. It's not a firewall problem, cause I can connect just fine coming into the same IP with a different domain. Anyone have an idea what I am looking for to fix here?

Thanks,
Charles

Never mind, I found the problem. Even though business-domain.com and mail.business-domain.com are the same machine, I can only connect to mail.business-domain.com. This is a good thing, after thinking about it for a moment.

Problem solved (there was no problem).

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.