I follow the instruction from the book i bought which says insert the fedora dvd in the dvd drve, however, it seems like my pc is not booting from dvd drive, instead it just starts windows. Can anyone please tell me specificly how to change boot option to make my pc boot from dvd drive? I m using dell inspiron 6000, windows vista

Recommended Answers

All 15 Replies

In your BIOS (F2, F8, or F12 when you boot up, it should say so), there's an option to start your CD/DVD drive up first.

yeah one of the F keys or DEL

Wow, jbennet. Every reply I post, you follow it up with a "yeah, I agree" post.

I can see why you have your 10,000+ posts.

commented: I agree. +14

i added something to each

hence my comment about DEL

I don't like arguing on the Internet, it looks unprofessional, to each other and to the site itself.

And no one really wins.

So mark this solved if we fixed your issue.

:)

:D

What you do is as your computer starts up, you have to go into the BIOS settings. Usually this is the Del key or one of the F keys. Once you are in, browse through the options until you find one containing Boot sequence. It may be different on yours, but my BIOS will give you three options. Set the first one (top) to CD, 2nd (middle) to floppy and 3rd (bottom) to Hard disk. Then save and restart your computer.

Dude, this thread is solved. And it has been. Me and jbennet already solved it. Don't up your post count by posting already posted solutions.

Thanks, have a fantastic day.

marked as solved.

It was not solved when I posted. Mark it solved please

i just did?

Was that a question, jbennet, or a statement? :P

I follow the instruction from the book i bought which says insert the fedora dvd in the dvd drve, however, it seems like my pc is not booting from dvd drive, instead it just starts windows. Can anyone please tell me specificly how to change boot option to make my pc boot from dvd drive? I m using dell inspiron 6000, windows vista

during startup navigate to your BIOS menu and change the boot priority to DVD. to do this you have to press DEL repeatedly during startup. note that certain computers use F3/ESC /CTRL so just find out which is the right key for your dell inspiron.

on dell desktops its F1 or F2

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.