hi
im using windows xp and wanted to know if i can download linux mandriva 2008 and use it or do i have to have linux as an OS already
like is linux mandriva like an update for linux or what

thanks for any answers

chris

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

You can download it and use it all you want. You can replace your Windows XP with it or run it in a virtual machine. Download Virtual PC or VMware Server and install in a virtual machine first to see how you like it.

hi
im using windows xp and wanted to know if i can download linux mandriva 2008 and use it or do i have to have linux as an OS already
like is linux mandriva like an update for linux or what

thanks for any answers

chris

Linux is not an operating system, but a kernel to an operating system. Mandriva is simply one distribution of Linux, or style/type. There is also Ubuntu, Fedora Core, and many more. You can install Mandriva over Windows, on another partition of your hard drive, or in a virtual machine, which keeps Windows intact. There are many guides on the internet about each of the processes, so Google it :D

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.