Hi Everybody,

I need a Guide For helping in my Linux Programming. I am interested to kernel development Programming. I done B.E-Electronics and Communicatiion Engineering. I know the Basics of C. So Help Me to Step by Step On my new programming like how to compile?, how to debug?, which place to save the compilers and modified kernel? and also i Promise to you i give my hole energy and co-operation to you on linux programming. In any stage i won't go backward. Plz help Me.............

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

If you're not familiar with programming in C (or just programming in general), you shouldn't be trying to mess with the Linux kernel.

If you're not familiar with programming in C (or just programming in general), you shouldn't be trying to mess with the Linux kernel.

Then what can i do?

i am interested to make me a linux programmer.

I interested to improve myself in C and linux.

if i need knowledge what can i do?

Do you give me a guide?

Reply me...............

You need to get a good grasp of programming in C before you start to tackle *nix-specific tasks. Find yourself a good C tutorial or book, and start learning. We have a "starting C" thread in the C forum:

http://www.daniweb.com/forums/thread50370.html

The redhat linux cd comes with full source code , compile it , make an image and load it to your machine , it will clear up few things , then start writing simple device drivers like char reader ,etc

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.