Hi!

OK, I don't really now how this can be done, but as far as I can remember when I was in shared hosting, they always complaint about memory usage.... but they always know what specific files were cosing the most load on the server.

So, I remember I have this count.php file that was constantly hited and the complaint and tell me exactly what file it was cosing the heavy load.

This is just an example, but looks like they always knew the specific files that were cosing problems, so what the hell, this can be done!

Now that I have my own server I would like to know these things as well, so I can know what files need to be optimized.

I searched and searched and searched and... OK, you'll get the point, and I just HAVE NOT find any information on this.

Can someone tell me this "secret"? What do you use to get the files that are cosing the most heavy load on a Linux server?

In advance, thank you very much!!!!

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

they were probably running each virtual server in a jail and minirotirng the usage with top.

But even with
# top -U username
I don't have access to file names, only the php-cgi process.

By the way, great musical taste :)

i think cpanel etc... can get that sort of info from the logs

I use Lxadmin.

Ok, the solution is to activate mod_status in Apache.

Thanks.

commented: Nice Find And Follow Up! +8
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.