Hi all,
I am using Ubuntu 8.10 and wanted to download packages for counterstrike and a free download manager or any other download manager Without Wine.
please help and post me the link or any command.
I am also facing a problem while downloading any package using the terminal this an error which is displayed in the terminal :-
for an example
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
gaurav@gaurav -desktop:~$ sudo apt -get install spell
Reading package lists...... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information.... Done
Package spell is not available, but is referred to by another package.
This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or is only available from another source
E: Package spell has no installation candidate.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This error shows up every time downloading any package from terminal and i am also unable to download from package manager.

please do help

>I am using Ubuntu 8.10 and wanted to download packages for
>counterstrike and a free download manager or any other download
>manager Without Wine.
Counterstrike doesn't run natively on Linux. So yes, you will have to use Wine or similar technology (or an emulator) in order to run it.

As for download managers - http://letmegooglethatforyou.com/?q=linux+download+managers

>This error shows up every time downloading
>any package from terminal
What does your /etc/apt/sources.list look like? Have you tried running "apt-get update"?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.