alrighty... a have another headache to add to the list...

i have searched around the net, and stared at my screen to try and solve my problem, but alas, no joy!

i have installed a basic debian system on to my ibook, and it all works fine through the command line.. however... when i start up, the xfree86 config says that it cannot detect a screen on the default pci:0.16.0 or whatever it is... so i have no idea how i can get the system to recognise my screen...

when i boot into debian via yaboot, i pass the string "video=ofonly", could this have something to do with it?

is it possibly to do with the radeon driver??

any help would be greatly appreciated!!

paul.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

well... it seems i was a little too premature on this post... i have since found a mountain of information out on the net, albeit a little hard to find exactly what to use...

the xfree86 site has a lot of info on how to configure the xserver etc...

till next time... :)

alrighty... a have another headache to add to the list...

i have searched around the net, and stared at my screen to try and solve my problem, but alas, no joy!

i have installed a basic debian system on to my ibook, and it all works fine through the command line.. however... when i start up, the xfree86 config says that it cannot detect a screen on the default pci:0.16.0 or whatever it is... so i have no idea how i can get the system to recognise my screen...

when i boot into debian via yaboot, i pass the string "video=ofonly", could this have something to do with it?

is it possibly to do with the radeon driver??

any help would be greatly appreciated!!

paul.

Have you tried to reconfigure the xserver package..... if not try this
dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86 (most probably)
this should allow you to manually configure all the settings of your agp card mouse etc...
hope it helps

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.