Hello forum members,
Due to the very slow speed internet access I use, I find it almost impossible to successfully download and burn any linux installation live cd (especially ubuntu and fedora10).
I have been reading studiously in preparing myself technically for server administration using linux for the past four months. I have also acquired two refurbished compaq proliant servers (2500 and DL760) to start my journey in the world of server systems management. Unfortunately, the software tool I need is the problem (the live CD). Is there anyone that can out of consideration for my future success, mail these cds to me? I do not mind bearing the cost of shipping. If you wish to do so, my address is: Emiola T.A. Qest Information Systems Limited, 3 Oshineye Street, Kadupe, Pedro, Shomolu, Lagos, Nigeria (ZIP postal 23401)
If you wish to get funded for the shipping, kindly let me know through this post thread or mail me: emiola at qestinfosystems dot com.
Please help me out.
Thank you.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Hello what version of linux are you after?

Have you considered buying off the internet like of amazon.com?

You can request a free CD from Ubuntu but it can take upto 10 weeks, I don't know if you can pay for it to get delivered earlier or not.

fedora is not good for a server application. However for a leaner it's oky.

Ubunthu is just only a one CD image. There different flavors in ubunthu, like edu ubunthu , k ubunthu and like so on.

what is actually you're purpose ?, just run LAMP and learn programming ? what is you're hardware ?

and there are just mini linux versions like DSL and puppy linux.
take a look at them also. they are just like 30-100 MB in size.

Thanks a lot fellas. I appreciate your advice. In fact, I just recieved the Ubuntu 9.04 server edition CD this morning from CANONICAL LIMITED. I applied for it in April 28, through their website but due to the notice that it could take between 6 and 10 weeks shipping made me feel that it was too long for me to wait. Alas! I recieved it this morning through TNT Post. I am really impressed and couldn't contain myself such that I shouted "Oh MY God!" three times in the office.
Please help me to say A BIG THANK YOU TO CANONICAL LIMITED and the entire Ubuntu project for this wonderful gift. Personally, I call it A GIFT OF TRANSFORMATION FOR MY IT LIFE.
I plan to start trying the installation out this weekend on my Compaq Proliant 2500 but before then, I shall use an intel P4 box to practice the whole show and have a hang of it. Please wish me goodluck as I join you my mentors. Thanks a lot once more.
Please don't forget that I may have the cause to call for your help, please respond.

Thanks a lot fellas. I appreciate your advice. In fact, I just recieved the Ubuntu 9.04 server edition CD this morning from CANONICAL LIMITED. I applied for it in April 28, through their website but due to the notice that it could take between 6 and 10 weeks shipping made me feel that it was too long for me to wait. Alas! I recieved it this morning through TNT Post. I am really impressed and couldn't contain myself such that I shouted "Oh MY God!" three times in the office.
Please help me to say A BIG THANK YOU TO CANONICAL LIMITED and the entire Ubuntu project for this wonderful gift. Personally, I call it A GIFT OF TRANSFORMATION FOR MY IT LIFE.
I plan to start trying the installation out this weekend on my Compaq Proliant 2500 but before then, I shall use an intel P4 box to practice the whole show and have a hang of it. Please wish me goodluck as I join you my mentors. Thanks a lot once more.
Please don't forget that I may have the cause to call for your help, please respond.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.