I have 2 operating systems on my system............ i use GRUB provided by PCLINUXOS..........as i have installed it before DREAMLINUX..........I have 3 entries in GRUB menu for Windows ,PCLOS and Dreamlinux..........
when i intalled DREAMLINUX i selected add to existing GRUB option in its installation menu.......and it made following entry in MBR

# added by Dreamlinux Installer
title Dreamlinux
root (hd0,4)
kernel /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.28.5-1-i686-dream root=/dev/sda5 vga=791 splash=silent,fadein,theme=default console=tty1 ro quiet
resume=
initrd /boot/initrd.img-2.6.28.5-1-i686-dream

now when i select dreamlinux option in GRUB menu it splash starts then it gives an error and then black screen appears and i have to reboot..........
Tell a solution please............

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

can you get the details of that error? it will probably give you a clue.

can you get the details of that error? it will probably give you a clue.

i tried but the screen comes for less than one second...........i think theres some problem in GRUB entry for DL...as mbr entry for PCL:OS contains 2 UUIDs and it contains none.......

from: http://www.thinkdigit.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-53676.html

saurabh.sauron
02-04-2007, 01:52 PM
try this. i think it will work.

title DreamLinux
root (hd0,4)
kernel boot/vmlinuz-2.6.18.1-kanotix-1 root=/dev/hda5 ro quiet splash vga=791
initrd /boot/initrd-2.6.18.1-kanotix-1
savedefault
boot

I haven't tried this, but perhaps it gets you closer to your solution... It is a bit of a long shot. I agree with you that it does seem to be a issue with the GRUB configuration.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.