HELP! My bosses want me to install virtual pc on her computer, but when I do, it asks me to install an operating system....otherwise comes up with a black box and asks for a drive or c drive, which does not work. HELP!

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

HELP! My bosses want me to install virtual pc on her computer, but when I do, it asks me to install an operating system....otherwise comes up with a black box and asks for a drive or c drive, which does not work. HELP!

umm thats not good...does it say that right when you turn on your computer? if check and make sure all cables on the hard drive are connected and if that doesnt work it might be a dead hard drive/erased hard drive :sad:

This isn't the appropriate forum for your question. Please repost it in the Windows Software forum:

http://daniweb.com/techtalkforums/forum92.html

umm thats not good...does it say that right when you turn on your computer? if check and make sure all cables on the hard drive are connected and if that doesnt work it might be a dead hard drive/erased hard drive

It sounds like he just hasn't set up any virtual drives, or installed an OSes in Virtual PC. It's not as big as it sounds, since it's all virtual...

umm thats not good...does it say that right when you turn on your computer? if check and make sure all cables on the hard drive are connected and if that doesnt work it might be a dead hard drive/erased hard drive :sad:

I am trying to install the software virtual pc on an imac computer, has both operating systems, so that is not it. It tells me when I install virtual pc that I will need to use the installation disk for the operating system I want virtual pc to use, but I am hesitant to do this because the operating systems are there, and why should I have to reinstall just for virtual pc. When I just open up virtual pc it gives me a black box and asks if I want to boot from the c drive or the a drive and when I click either, it gives me an error message that this is invalid. I thought this would be a simple process of installing some software but it has become a headache. I wondering if anyone else has tried to installed virtual pc on a mac and had this same problem? Thanks for any help.

I split this thread out of the other thread because you hijacked it, even after I advised you to post the question in another thread. Please keep seperate questions from the original poster's issue.

This may be more of a Mac issue, anyways. If it turns out that way, I'll move this thread into the Mac forum.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.