Hi all,

Jst installed debian lenny amd64 on my pc and its all am using currently as i want to master it in as little time as i can. am using kde desktop enviroment and my first problem was that my sound doesnt play yet and also having serious problems installing flashplayer. I need help there. Please advise.

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

logs, output, details, steps attempted?

i think i finally got it solved with

#aptitude purge flashplayer-mozilla nspluginwrapper flashplugin-nonfree+

Others completely failed

Tho my sound still doesnt play, how can i go abt this plz

Thanks linuxadore, this shld help

you type "alsaconf" in the terminal window

Since you have a 64bit debian you will have to get the 64bit beta version of flash. Go download flash from http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer10.html

Extract the contents of the files in your "HOME-DIRECTORY>.mozilla>plugins" directory. If it works it enjoy if it doesn't better luck next time since its a beta version of flash player.

As for the sound...not sure about debian but in ubuntu i just had to enable ubuntu restricted-backports and update alsa-sound and it gave me working sound and microphone on my netbook!

I'd suggest messing around with your sound configs

Hey can u help with ur ubuntu source list plz, plus i need to install mozilla on my ubuntu tho so far i have been unsuccesful coz i need to update my source list first. Thanks a bunch

Hey can u help with ur ubuntu source list plz, plus i need to install mozilla on my ubuntu tho so far i have been unsuccesful coz i need to update my source list first. Thanks a bunch

buddy if you installed ubuntu, you already have mozilla firefox. As a matter of fact almost all major linux distributions ship with mozilla firefox pre installed. And i am not sure what you mean by my ubuntu source list...

The standard ubuntu repository should be good enough. I don't see any reason for funky source lists

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.