Ok, so here goes, I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but it seemed closest to me. I recently set up a dual boot on my laptop to run XP and Ubuntu 9.04 (or some number relatively close) and I installed Flash player 9 because it wouldn't take 10 for some reason, and now when I watch videos, lets say on YouTube, the video itself plays fine, but there is no sound. I'm going to run the update manager as soon as I can get a chance too, to see if that'll fix the problem.

Any ideas will be much appreciated. Oh, and I am new to Linux OS's.

Thanks everyone!

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Well you can go to Add/Remove software and choose third party source and download Adobe Flash. That what I did and its work fine but I am not using dual boot on my computer. Anyway I upgraded to 9.10 and do the same thing. So far so good. By the way I a new to Linux too. just share what I know.

Can you hear the sound when you play a normal video from your desktop?

Also make sure you enable restricted and multiverse software sources. Also if that doesn't fix the problem enable ubuntu backports usnder software sources>updates.

Can you hear the sound when you play a normal video from your desktop?

Also make sure you enable restricted and multiverse software sources. Also if that doesn't fix the problem enable ubuntu backports usnder software sources>updates.

Yeah, it plays music and other videos from my desktop fine. I'll try this as soon as i get a chance and tell you how it works out. Thanks for your help!

So, I reinstalled Flash, and ran my update manager, restarted and now it all works fine now. Thanks everyone for your help!! I'm not realy sure what I did, but i installed the .deb for ubuntu and stuff and yeah all went well and it works now

So, I reinstalled Flash, and ran my update manager, restarted and now it all works fine now. Thanks everyone for your help!! I'm not realy sure what I did, but i installed the .deb for ubuntu and stuff and yeah all went well and it works now

glad it worked for you and your welcome!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.