Hello everyone, I was trying to install ndiswrapper and the drivers needed to get my laptop working with wireless properly. I never got around to finish installing the drivers although I did install ndiswrapper. I lost my wifi completely and my system doesn't even pick up my card now.

It was originally hardwired with the default software that comes with ubuntu. It would just lag a lot when I got online so i decided to install ndiswrapper. I never finished to install ndiswrapper. It's suppose to be working with the hardwired connection, but the computer doesn't even detect my wifi anymore. Don't know what's going on.

I don't know many bash commands. Need a starting point. Anything would help. Thanks guys!

+ I have an Atheros Communications Wirelesscard AR2413 802.11bg

When I try a iwlist scan bash command my computer displays:

lo Interface doesn't support scanning

eth0 Interface doesn't support scanning

From what I can see...the system isn't using my wireless card to scan for any available networks. Does anyone know what I should try? I don't understand how my wireless can just stop working all of the sudden. Thanks!

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Hello everyone, I was trying to install ndiswrapper and the drivers needed to get my laptop working with wireless properly. I never got around to finish installing the drivers although I did install ndiswrapper. I lost my wifi completely and my system doesn't even pick up my card now.

It was originally hardwired with the default software that comes with ubuntu. It would just lag a lot when I got online so i decided to install ndiswrapper. I never finished to install ndiswrapper. It's suppose to be working with the hardwired connection, but the computer doesn't even detect my wifi anymore. Don't know what's going on.

I don't know many bash commands. Need a starting point. Anything would help. Thanks guys!

+ I have an Atheros Communications Wirelesscard AR2413 802.11bg

When I try a iwlist scan bash command my computer displays:

lo Interface doesn't support scanning

eth0 Interface doesn't support scanning

From what I can see...the system isn't using my wireless card to scan for any available networks. Does anyone know what I should try? I don't understand how my wireless can just stop working all of the sudden. Thanks!

I know this sounds silly but I've seen it a bunch. Turn the wireless on. If it's off when you boot the module will not load.

Mine Card is not deceted any one can help..please acer aspire 4720z running ubuntu.

Try to check dmesg.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.