Hi All

I am trying to install MOzilla on a tru 64 unix system . This requires the use of 'setld' command .
Now thw problem is theat i don't have the root access . Are thge root permissions a must for installation ....????

PLz help

Best regards
VArun

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

One question does beg asking there- why do you not have root access on a machine upon which you are trying to install a rather major piece of software?

One question does beg asking there- why do you not have root access on a machine upon which you are trying to install a rather major piece of software?

Hi

Actually I need to install the same on a common server that is being used by 10 of us in r grp.
I thought may be we install it on our own rather than contacting the sys admin for same . THat would take a bit of time

Is there any wayout ???

Best Regards

Varun

Nope. You need root priviledges. If it's not your server, get permission from the admin. It might save you some heartache, or even your job, if installing unauthorized software is against your company's IT policy.

Nope. You need root priviledges. If it's not your server, get permission from the admin. It might save you some heartache, or even your job, if installing unauthorized software is against your company's IT policy.

What he said (all of it).

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.