I want to install Fedora Core 2 on my system with a dual boot with Windows XP Home. XP is on first partition and I have enough space for another partition (15GB) for Fedora. So, I put Disk 1 in my CD-ROM and reboot and boot to the CD-ROM drive and the Fedora Core 2 setup screen appears......and I press ENTER for an Grapical installation! And after I press ENTER, it does the loading at the bottom screen, like a couple of lines or soo and reboots, but doesn't reboot to the next screen of the setup, :?: instead it reboots normally to my Windows XP. Anybody know why it is doing this!? Please help, I'm new to Linux. Thanks......

-pete-

Specs:
P4 HT
ASUS Mobo HT
Win XP Home
2GB RAM
80 GB HD
ATI RADEON 9600se 128MB
CD-ROM/RW/DVD Drive

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Fedora core 2 is full of bugs and is extremely hard to dual boot. I dont advise it.

Hello,

With Fedora Core 4 out there, I would suggest that you work with it. My Fedora Core 3 stuff worked just great.

You might have bad media -- the software should be prompting you on where to install the software (partitioning) and making software selection choices. That should happen well before you reboot.

Christian

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.