Hey, I cant seem to get any sound on my sys with mandrake 2.0. My motherboard (a7v266-e) has onboard sound, but i recently purchased a soundblaster audigy 2 which i obviously use instead. Manrake recognizes both soundcards in the config, but i think that its running primarily through the onboard. Does anyone know how i can change the default input/output over to the audigy? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

thanx

g

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Hey, I cant seem to get any sound on my sys with mandrake 2.0. My motherboard (a7v266-e) has onboard sound, but i recently purchased a soundblaster audigy 2 which i obviously use instead. Manrake recognizes both soundcards in the config, but i think that its running primarily through the onboard. Does anyone know how i can change the default input/output over to the audigy? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Make sure that you have disabled PnP-aware OS (that's how it's usually worded, it may say "Plug and Play" instead) in the BIOS Setup screen. It's usually ON by default.

well, my pnp was on, and i disabled it and booted... however, i still have no sound, and now linux won't recognise any of my removable media. The drives do not show up on the desktop. The dir are present in /mnt, but when opened, regardless of any media present in the physical drives, the dir are empty.

After a bit of meddling, i found that i can acces the removable media via kiwidisk. Had a bit of probs with hardrake, but it cleared up after a reboot. Still no sound though... I am an uber-noob at this, so, any help on this would be great, thanx!

Would this be the reason when I run make to install my divers it fails?

hey thanx, after a bit of fiddling (bringing up every possible volume in the kmix) i finally got sound! Thanx again for your help!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.