I am new to using Linux (Ubuntu 10.10) and am having trouble connecting wirelessly to my HP C4580 printer. I have already made sure that hplip-3.1.10.run is installed but honestly do not know what to do next.
I have tried to add the printer and it works fine with the USB cable. I have tried searching for a network printer using the host name but it finds nothing.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks, Stacey

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Here is a link to the driver support site for HP and this printer in particular. Note that they do NOT support network printing for this model! Sorry, but I think you are stuck being tethered with a USB cable. However, you could plug in a wireless linux device the size of a pack of cigarettes that can connect to the printer via USB, giving your "wireless" connectivity (network printing) from anywhere in the area. In fact, HP has some such wireless print servers - used them in the past myself. Anyway, here is a link to the support page: http://hplipopensource.com/hplip-web/models/photosmart/photosmart_c4500_series.html

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.