hi there,
i want to ask your opinion about linux server which you use, and why you choose it. because i want to compare several linux server OS for my final project.
thanks

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

CentOS (a clone of RHEL) works well and is in wide use for this purpose by many major hosting providers and major businesses, such as the Chicago options exchange. However, CentOS has fallen behind current developments, so if you are interested in a Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) version 6 clone that is free, try Scientific Linux, available at www.scientificlinux.org and maintained by some of the biggest scientific labs in the world (CERN and Fermi Lab primarily).

ClearOS (clone of CentOS),,, its simple works well and it's most popular in Indonesia. :)
i'm sorry if my english is not good.

ClearOS (clone of CentOS),,, its simple works well and it's most popular in Indonesia. :)
i'm sorry if my english is not good.

That's good to know. Thanks for the info. I don't supposed they have a version 6 available yet? :-)

Slackware. When you get used to it, its really simple ;) (But I recommend rather 32-bit cause I had troubles with 64)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.