I open the Ubuntu Software Center and I search for Scribus. It shows three options and I choose one. A blank window appears. The window should, instead, give me the option to download what I chose. I am a total noob and I apologize in advance. Thanks!

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Hmm, very unusual. Not sure what could be causing that, never seen any bugs like that before in the software centre.
Have you tried installing it from the command line instead?

If you open up a terminal in Ubuntu (You can do this by pressing Ctrl+Alt+T or by going to Applications->Accessories->Terminal) and enter the following command:

sudo apt-get update

After pressing enter, you'll be prompted for your password.
Enter your password and an up to date list of software will be downloaded.
Next enter the following:

sudo apt-get install scribus

Now Scribus and all of it's dependencies will be downloaded and installed on your machine.
Once that's done you can close the terminal by typing the exit command or by clicking on the X button to close the window.

That worked amazingly! Thank you so much!

can u plzzzzzzz help me almost the same prob here wen i click on the software cente a blank screen appears wat shud i do

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.