Hello, I'm a new member and would like to introduce myself to everyone. I'm a retired PC tech. Recently I tried to install an HP USB burner on my T-23. After the software loaded I lost the DVD drive in "my computer". The DVD drive shows up in device manager with an exclamation mark. I've tried just about everything I could think of to get the drive to show up in my computer. I've tried reinstalling drivers, uninstalling and removing it physically and then rebooting. The PC doctor on board says the drive is good. This drive is a Matshita 8174 drive by Panasonic. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

What is the error code when you check the device's properties in Device Manager? That may give you some further clue on how to proceed.

What is the error code when you check the device's properties in Device Manager? That may give you some further clue on how to proceed.

Thanks for the info. It was code 31 and it had to do with burning software. I modified the registry and deleted the burner links and now I have the use of the drive. In Microsoft's knowledge base look for article id 270008. After the links were deleted make a back up of the registry and then apply. I hope this helps anyone with this problem.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.