I have a project made with jsp on a apache tomcat server.
I also have intalled wamp server package for the purpose of using a data base made with phpmyadmin. I was wondering if i could also use php pages im my project.
I learned that a posible way would be to make the apache tomcat server send the php request to the apache html server in the wamp package.
I have followed a lot of tutorials to no result, somme were out of date, some i just couldn't understand as i have no server configuration esperience.
Any help is welcomed.

Tomcat works with MySQL without Apache. Apache and Tomcats are servers doing similar joby utilizing different technology.
So Install Tomcat and then install MySQL server and use JDBC to connect to MySQL

My problem is getting php to work on tomcat not sql. Sql works just fine.

My problem is getting php to work on tomcat not sql. Sql works just fine.

Why would you want to do that?

I have to do most of my project in jsp since the teacher that coordinates my project teaches jsp at my university but he said that i can also use php to make some smaller projects and atach them to the main one. And php is faster to work with for this purpose. I am looking for guidance and/or answers from someone who has done server configs before and is familiar with apache worker procese.

I have to do most of my project in jsp since the teacher that coordinates my project teaches jsp at my university but he said that i can also use php to make some smaller projects and atach them to the main one. And php is faster to work with for this purpose. I am looking for guidance and/or answers from someone who has done server configs before and is familiar with apache worker procese.

No Don't do that. You will make it more complex. Just do all things in either JSP and Servlets or PHP. Don't mix the two beasts

you are realy not helping me

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.