b62b330b33236e12160db60d6c858d9d booted from a flash drive to go into the live cd mode , there , as soon as i double clicked a flash video , the screen went all jumbled up , and my pc hanged up.

later i tried to check it in oracle virtual box , there its giving me the following message

VT-x/AMD-V hardware acceleration has been enabled, but is not operational. Your 64-bit guest will fail to detect a 64-bit CPU and will not be able to boot.
Please ensure that you have enabled VT-x/AMD-V properly in the BIOS of your host computer.

im attaching a speccy screenshot describing my system resources.

thanks in advance for your time. :)

regards
somjit.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

In the vm case, you are running a 32-bit host os. You need to run a 64-bit host os and enable the VT-x and such in the bios in order to run a 64-bit guest. Try running a 32-bit Linux system instead. It will give you a much better experience until you are ready to go full 64-bit operational.

is there some significant performance difference between a 32 bit and 64 bit mint cinnamon ? given my specifications , i was thinking maybe MATE would be a better option ... will it ?

I also want to know whether 64-bit is that much of an advantage over 32-bit, considering that my Mint Cinnamon 64-bit kept crashing after install so badly that I had to uninstall it. In my case it was a problem with my PCIE-16 graphics card.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.