So i downloaded Steamcmd...
And i can't fix this error in steamcmd (while downbloading gmod)
Please help fas, all type of help is good enough!!!
Screenshot: http://gyazo.com/1cc675d633bc2b52a8070a8bfde1540a

Dedicated root server (Linux CentOS 6.5)

[root@ns330797 ~]# cd /home/steam/steamcmd
[root@ns330797 steamcmd]# ./steamcmd.sh
Redirecting stderr to '/root/Steam/logs/stderr.txt'
[  0%] Checking for available updates...
[----] Verifying installation...
Steam Console Client (c) Valve Corporation
-- type 'quit' to exit --
Loading Steam API...OK.

Steam>login anonymous

Connecting anonymously to Steam Public...Logged in OK
Waiting for license info...OK

Steam>force_install_dir /home/gmod

Steam>app_update 4020
/home/buildbot/buildslave/steam_rel_client_linux/build/src/clientdll/applicationmanager.cpp (873) : Assertion Failed: Failed to write app state file /home/gmod/e98da1cf81fb24f461c71f65a63c7384862aafb1/appmanifest_4020.acf
/home/buildbot/buildslave/steam_rel_client_linux/build/src/clientdll/applicationmanager.cpp (873) : Assertion Failed: Failed to write app state file /home/gmod/e98da1cf81fb24f461c71f65a63c7384862aafb1/appmanifest_4020.acf
 Update state (0x3) reconfiguring, progress: 0.00 (0 / 0)
Error! App '4020' state is 0x1 after update job.

Steam>app_update 4020 validate
Error! App '4020' state is 0x1 after update job.

Steam>

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

steamcmd seems to want to write state data to /home/gmod and I assume that you are running steamcmd from your account. So, you probably need to be sure that you have the appropriate rwx permissions on /home/gmod. Also, since you are downloading/installing gmod at the same time, it is likely (possible) that the gmod installation has altered the permissions on /home/gmod, causing this problem.

Hi @rubberman thanks alot! I will try it out in about 10 mins. But can you help me download/setup Multicraft/Whmcs porbaly? =)

• zzMrMartinzz

Thanks alot again rubberman! I found out, that it works with the permission shit... =)

Can i add you on steam? =)
I need alot help, and you seem to be good at what you are doing! =)

• zzMrMartinzz

How to fix this " libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.14' not found "

************** WARNING ***************
    Running the dedicated server as root
    is highly discouraged. It is generally
    unnecessary to use root privileges to
    execute the dedicated server.

The server will continue to launch in 10 seconds\rThe server will continue to launch in 9 seconds\rThe server will continue to launch in 8 seconds\rThe server will continue to launch in 7 seconds\rThe server will continue to launch in 6 seconds\rThe server will continue to launch in 5 seconds\rThe server will continue to launch in 4 seconds\rThe server will continue to launch in 3 seconds\rThe server will continue to launch in 2 seconds\rThe server will continue to launch in 1 seconds\rAuto detecting CPU
    Using default binary: ./srcds_linux
    Server will auto-restart if there is a crash.

Failed to open dedicated_srv.so (/lib/libm.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.15' not found (required by bin/dedicated_srv.so))

Add "-debug" to the ./srcds_run command line to generate a debug.log to help with solving this problem
    Sat Aug 23 16:54:00 CEST 2014: Server restart in 10 seconds
Failed to open dedicated_srv.so (/lib/libm.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.15' not found (required by bin/dedicated_srv.so))

The problem is that the CentOS 6.5 repository's version of glibc is 2.12. You might be able to build 2.15 from source and install it so that the application can run. Unfortunately, you will then probably run into other dependency issues. FWIW, if you are running steam and steam games on Linux, you probably want to run a more up-to-date distribution such as Fedora, Debian (and derivatives such as Ubuntu, Mint, et al), etc. They will have a newer glibc which will eliminate this issue.

But can i add you on steam? =)
So we can fix this error, later.
=)

Does this works with RPM: ftp.centos.org/7.0.1406/os/x86_64/Packages/glibc-2.17-55.el7.x86_64.rpm On Centos 6.5

Can you use CentOS 7 then?? =)
Please answer fast as possible

You could update to CentOS 7 to fix this, but I suspect that package won't work on CentOS 6.x.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.