I'm running Mozilla 1.3 on Mandrake 9.1, and I have a very hard time reading the text on web pages. Since I'm running a very normal screen resoultion (1024x768), I just increase the text size in Mozilla, by hitting View -> Text Zoom -> 120%, which works fine.

Now to the problem, every time I close Mozilla, and open it again, it goes back to 100% (to small) zoom.

Am I doing something wrong?

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

I'm running Mozilla 1.3 on Mandrake 9.1, and I have a very hard time reading the text on web pages... Am I doing something wrong?

Nope. This is a known problem. This was fixed in Knoppix by moving to Vera Bitstream fonts -- just do a Google search on bitstream fonts linux to find 'em. They look soooo much better than the old ones... and they're FREE.

I have the same problem. I'll try that ... the thing is, won't it still not save my settings for the increased text zoom?

I have the same problem. I'll try that... the thing is, won't it still not save my settings for the increased text zoom?

The new fonts, as far as my experience goes, are "zoomed" by nature -- the too-small size was caused by a bug in the old fonts themselves -- of course, this can be tweaked somewhat by editing the preferences.

Yay! I did what you suggested, and I went a step furthur by importing all my Windows fonts (easy on Mandrake 9.1 using the Mandrake Control Panel).

Thanks for your suggestion! I love using X-Chat with MS's Veranda font, its orgasmic.

I love using X-Chat with MS's Veranda font, its orgasmic.

:| Sounds like u need to get out more ;) :P

u need to get out more ;) :P

I said the same exact thing to Dani when I was at her house last friday.

Tools--->Options--->Font & Color allows you to set the minimum size for your fonts :P I usually set it at 12pt just because mozilla for some reason likes to make all my fonts 1pt it seems :P

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.