I need help on setting up a shell on my domain (zerounix.com) any help would be great. =)

Recommended Answers

All 12 Replies

I'm confused. A shell account? You mean like to be able to telnet or SSH into the machine? It's a Linux machine I take it? Do you currently have Apache or some sort as a web server hosting zerounix.com?

I'm confused. A shell account? You mean like to be able to telnet or SSH into the machine? It's a Linux machine I take it? Do you currently have Apache or some sort as a web server hosting zerounix.com?

Im hosted by http://www.qubefactor.com/ Yes a ssh account so I can run BNC's on mIRC

And you'd like the SSH account to be on your own machine or on a machine at qubefactor?

Hi. You do have ssh access....simply login using a client (such as penguinet) to the ip of your site with your cpanel login information. It should work. Moreover, I *think* you can launch a java ssh window through your cpanel.

Hope this helps. Otherwise, feel free to email me or whatever.

BTW, running any sort of IRC stuff, especially transfer of pirated or otherwise copyrighted materials through our servers is prohibited, and can result in suspension of your account.

Ian
-CEO, QubeFactor Technologies

Don't ya just love it when tech support replies 8)

Well, I have my own support forums, and help desk, but apparantly people enjoy outsourced support more ;)

BTW, running any sort of IRC stuff, especially transfer of pirated or otherwise copyrighted materials through our servers is prohibited, and can result in suspension of your account.

Ian
-CEO, QubeFactor Technologies

My uses are only EggDrops, and a PsyBnc. =)

Well, I have my own support forums, and help desk, but apparantly people enjoy outsourced support more ;)

Ian I get bash-2.05a$ what do I do afterwords I don't know telnet commands ? and do I have to upload folders ?

I need help! lol :( ian i figured out ^^above.. But now I need to know how to make a shell not a account but the whole shell so I can add accounts.

I would contact him by filing a support ticket or on MSN/AIM. I think he's online right now...

hmm...weird...U got ssh account but u don't know linux commands. I recommend asking a friend or so to setup it for u. Otherwise learn some basic linux commands and search good for eggdrop guides, there are like million of those

smells like someone is cookin.. whos fer dinner?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.