how do i install beryl without being on the internet with sypantec whatever its called?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

>how do i install beryl without being on the internet with sypantec whatever its called?
I do believe this command will do it, but you will probably need to be connected to the internet. From what I know, Beryl isn't included with Debian, although I could be wrong about this.

sudo apt-get install beryl-manager beryl emerald-manager emerald

also it comes up wlan0 and wmaster0 but i dont know wichg on to connect and im sharing my next door naighbers connection (paid) so i dont know the name and the neighber dunt either

What is the model and make of your wireless card? I would try running something like this first:

lspci

Post the information relevant to the wireless card. Next, you should view your connection status:

iwconfig

Also run

ifconfig

And post the results here.

If you're feeling adventurous, just try out the various cards! Do something like

iwconfig card0 essid "network name"
dhclient card0

and see what happens. (My guess is that it's the wmaster0, but I could be wrong about this.)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.