Helppp !!!I'm all thumbs and I just got a Mac powerbook G3.
What I'm trying to do is access my auto memory. It records
every 5 minutes it indicates. But how do I retrive data?
Is the lack of a battery the problem?

Contributors
Replies
Views
12 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by kc0arf

HI,

What do you mean by "auto memory?" Are you thinking of self-saving, such as in Microsoft Office, you can tell the software to save every 5 minutes?

Christian

I learned that what I mean is auto recovery. I know it save every 5 minutes
but what I want to do is go to the recoverys from say two weeks ago.
They must be there somewhere.
tanx
betoveiw

Hello,

Unless your computer is setup specially in a way I am not aware of, your files have been over-written. The file names would have to be different, otherwise the files write over themselves. The only way that I know how to do this is through tape backup software.

Christian

Hello,

Unless your computer is setup specially in a way I am not aware of, your files have been over-written. The file names would have to be different, otherwise the files write over themselves. The only way that I know how to do this is through tape backup software.

Christian

That, or something like Norton Utilities, but I'm still not sure what feature we're dealing with here...

Hi,

Norton probably won't have a chance at it, unless the autosave feature uses unique file names to keep the versions straight. The only OS that I have seen do that is VAX / VMS, and the filenames had a ;2 ;3 ;4 on them to keep them different. At logoff, however, the system would remove all byt the last three or so.

Christian

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.