I need a little help on a simple problem.
I am running OSX 10.3.5
How do I get iCal to automatically load up and display on my screen everytime I switch on my Mac without having to click the dock icon?

Is there a start-up folder like oS 9 somewhere?

Thanks

Contributors
Replies
Views
13 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Neech

I need a little help on a simple problem.
I am running OSX 10.3.5
How do I get iCal to automatically load up and display on my screen everytime I switch on my Mac without having to click the dock icon?

System Preferences -> Accounts -> Choose your account -> click the Startup Items tab -> Click the + -> Navigate to iCal and select it.

You're done.

Hello,

Yellow is correct. There is another way to do it if you want things to startup for all users. You can find that folder on the System Volume --> Library --> StartupItems

Christian

There is another way to do it if you want things to startup for all users. You can find that folder on the System Volume --> Library --> StartupItems

This isn't really for the faint of heart though. Anything that is placed in /Library/StartupItems/ has to have an associated "StartupParameters.plist" (with pertinant info) and it (AFAIK) cannot be a .app.

Hello,

I believe my Retrospect Remote is a .app Not sure though. Would have to check. Agree it is not for every thing on the system.

Christian

It's not. It's a shell script.

yellow% more RetroClient 
#!/bin/sh

##
# Start Retroclient (pitond) daemon
#
#       please make sure this is saved with unix line endings
##

. /etc/rc.common

if [ -f "/Library/Preferences/retroclient.state" ] && [ -d "/Applications/Retrospect Client" ]; then
        ConsoleMessage "Starting Retrospect Client"
        /Applications/Retrospect\ Client/Retrospect\ Client.app/Contents/Resources/pitond &
fi

Thanks for your assistance everyone.

:D Solved my problem.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.