I am thinking of upgrading to the 20" Aluminum 320 GB imac. My son plays some PC games; Orange Box games like Portal, Team Fortress will not play on our old PC. I hope 1 mac could run mostly mac os but when needed also run windows.
So should I get windows XP or Vista for my new mac. I think microsoft plans to stop selling XP soon, but I've heard of lots of problems with Vista. I've also heard that the Pro versions of XP & Vista actually utilize the duo core processors.
Does anyone have any suggestion or experience running either of these on a mac.

Go with XP... I hear lots of issues with Vista

Go with XP... I hear lots of issues with Vista

I tried Vista on my MacBook Pro with 2GB of Ram. It lagged and all the Mac software bagged to the point I had to canstantly reboot. I now run XP and it is a charm.

I tried Vista on my MacBook Pro with 2GB of Ram. It lagged and all the Mac software bagged to the point I had to canstantly reboot. I now run XP and it is a charm.

are you using boot camp or the parallel sofware?

are you using boot camp or the parallel sofware?

none of those
vmware Fusion 1.1
the only problems I have'nt solved is connecting sound and native webcam using third party webconferencing software that runs only on PCs
It works if I connect off the shelf webcams and microphones.
The Mac camera and microphone does connect with other type of one to one activities.
I will try Parallel on another Mac.
Nothing worked with Vista.
The conferencing software is quite elaborate - Globemeeting

Thanks. No votes for Vista. I wonder if XP is still available.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.