Watching You Tube or Bloomberg TV feed is a frustrating experience.Download begins and will play for 5 seconds when it stops and recommences download of next section.Is there any way of watching without all the stop and start?Am using Mac OS X.

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Just don't play the video until it's finished downloading.

Just don't play the video until it's finished downloading.

John,when I was using XP,I could connect to bloomberg fiancial tv feed on the internet and it would play without any interruptions.Mac will not do this.

Well, then you might be experiencing some sort of networking issue. Which Mac are you using? Which browser were you using in Windows XP, and which browser are you using now on Mac OS X? How are you being connected to the internet (in other words, do you have routers/hubs, and what kind of internet do you have)?

Well, then you might be experiencing some sort of networking issue. Which Mac are you using? Which browser were you using in Windows XP, and which browser are you using now on Mac OS X? How are you being connected to the internet (in other words, do you have routers/hubs, and what kind of internet do you have)?

Sorry for late reply but have been out.Using latest iMac 7,1 Os 10.5.2.Used IE in XP and am now using Safari.Connected to internet with wireless technology.

Watching You Tube or Bloomberg TV feed is a frustrating experience.Download begins and will play for 5 seconds when it stops and recommences download of next section.Is there any way of watching without all the stop and start?Am using Mac OS X.

I think it really depends on your hardware and your internet connection. If you're on broadband, you really shouldn't be experiencing regular delays. If you're on a phone line, that's a different story and it would account for delays. If the problems continue on a broadband line, I would recommend calling your provider and having them take a look at the connection and see if there is an issue.

Sorry for late reply but have been out.Using latest iMac 7,1 Os 10.5.2.Used IE in XP and am now using Safari.Connected to internet with wireless technology.

Have you tried connecting through an Ethernet cable to your internet source (if that's possible for you)?

Have you tried connecting through an Ethernet cable to your internet source (if that's possible for you)?

Will do.Thanks for your help.

Will do.Thanks for your help.

My standard procedure when I'm having issues with my connection is to unplug the modem and the wireless router, then wait a minute or two. Plug the modem back in first and wait until it goes through all its startup tests. When the tests are complete (on mine all four of the top LEDs are green and not flashing), then and only then plug in the router. You should see it go through its startup routine and then begin to communicate with the modem. Then you should see a good strong connection indicator in your wireless connection icon. Occasionally, I have to choose my wireless network again after I go through this procedure. If everything seems fine after this and I'm still having issues, then I try plugging directly to the ethernet port. If none of this work, it's time for a call to the ISP.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.