I'm having real trouble finding ADSL broadband for my mac.

AOL only offer dial-up for mac's.

BT DO but you have to go through OS9 - I like OSX I want to be using it when I'm online!

So does anyone know a ADSL Broadband provider in the UK that is OSX compatible (prefereably cheap too!)

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Why not cable? Maybe earthlink?

Mac OSX supports PPPoE natively. If it'll work with a PC, it'll work with a mac.

BT DO but you have to go through OS9 - I like OSX I want to be using it when I'm online!

So does anyone know a ADSL Broadband provider in the UK that is OSX compatible (prefereably cheap too!)

Any provider should work with an ethernet based router, although some are more friendly to Mac users than others. I'm on zen internet (using a G4 and OS X).

http://www.zenadsl.com/ADSL.aspx?page=165

Their prices are reasonable, from 1st Nov 512Kbps will be 24.99 inc vat, the service is fast and reliable, and you only have a 1 month commitment. They seem fairly Mac friendly with support articles for things like Airport Base stations and the customer service seems very efficient, although I've not really had cause to call them.

Check out adslguide for a rundown on other providers:

http://www.adslguide.org.uk/newsarchive.asp?item=1902

Disclaimer; I don't work for or have any connection to zen other than I recommend their service to all my friends, whether PC or Mac users :)

Try Macace.net. Not the cheapest but reliable

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.