All my stuff is on my beige g3 hard drive, running on OS9. Can I just take it out and put it in the G4, and expect it to work?
Alternatively, what is my best way, bearing in mind The g3 has no usb or fire wire?

Thanks in advance guys.

Jim

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

:|

File converter software...
:$

All my stuff is on my beige g3 hard drive, running on OS9. Can I just take it out and put it in the G4, and expect it to work?
Alternatively, what is my best way, bearing in mind The g3 has no usb or fire wire?

Thanks in advance guys.

Jim

You could save it to CD/DVD with a G3 that have a firewire.
If you have not that second G3 you could use the Network G3 --> G4. Some take it directly some use a router.

Thanks guys.
There is no firewire, allthough there is a usb card, it has never worked. I will look into why that is, if I can get that working, then at least I can back up. I will also look into networking the two. Did I read somewhere about restarting holding down T, for target?

Jim

>Did I read somewhere about restarting holding down T, for target?
Target Disk Mode is exclusive to Firewire. Networking with a Cat5 cable isn't difficult though.

Thanks for that clarification john a.

jim

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.