I have some downloaded songs on my itunes, when i incert a cdr select my songs i want to burn and place them in a playlist, i go to file>burn playlist. then i click the lil atomic looking symbol in the upper right corner and the process begins, but then about 1-2 minites into burning, an error message comes up that says"unexpected error, can not restart burning the disk" and then it automatically ejects my cdr. i am brand new to I-Tunes, and I have burnt cdrs from that program before, just not from the same computer, also the songs were saved in mpeg format for that is the way they were downloaded from the I-Tunes music store. If the is anymore information i can give please ask for i do need to fix the problem.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

I have some downloaded songs on my itunes, when i incert a cdr select my songs i want to burn and place them in a playlist, i go to file>burn playlist. then i click the lil atomic looking symbol in the upper right corner and the process begins, but then about 1-2 minites into burning, an error message comes up that says"unexpected error, can not restart burning the disk" and then it automatically ejects my cdr. i am brand new to I-Tunes, and I have burnt cdrs from that program before, just not from the same computer, also the songs were saved in mpeg format for that is the way they were downloaded from the I-Tunes music store. If the is anymore information i can give please ask for i do need to fix the problem.

somtimes you need a whole new program to burn CDs
My itunes didn't work so I used sony discribe

Is this on a Mac or PC, original poster? If it's on a Mac, what version of the OS, what version of iTunes, what kind of Mac, what kind of media (manufacuter), and what kind of burner are you using?

Is this on a Mac or PC, original poster? If it's on a Mac, what version of the OS, what version of iTunes, what kind of Mac, what kind of media (manufacuter), and what kind of burner are you using?

Sorry i guess i did miss a few important factors. I have a new Imac G5 with os 10.3.5 i believe i am using either itunes 4.5 or 4.6 but i am pretty sure it is version 4.5, i am on my pc right now or i would look it up. I am not sure exactly which burner i am using, i do know i have a super drive were i can burn both dvdr and cdr, the speed of my cdr is more than 16x. that is the best info i can give, as well as the file type the music i am trying to burn is mp4 or something like that, which i havent seen before, but it is the file type that the music came to me when i downloaded it from the itunes music store.

My first thought is that Macs are sometimes not very forgiving with cheap CD/DVD-Rs. You might want to try a name brand of CD-R first and see if you still get the error.

Otherwise, you should consider updating your version of the OS and the iTune app. Make sure you have enough free disk space to actually burn a CD.

how much disk space is required to burn a cd? I should have enough disk space though, I have an 80gig hd and the only thing I have really put on there is some flash and dreamweaver files/programs.

Usually it's about 800MB on the boot device to burn a CD.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.