Hi there!

This is my first post, so hello :).

I'm having problem with my Appleworks. I was working on a document last night, typing away etc, doing Command-S every so often as usual. Then I wanted to go to bed, so I just went to "shut down" and left it to it. I came back and it was fussing because "did I want to save changes to ThisOtherDocument?". So I said yes and it shut down and all was well.

However, I got up this morning, opened the file... and it obviously hadn't been saving :|.

I'd written over 2000 words last night, now I have less than 200. This is highly distressing, as it was an essay that was in for today (hence me getting up at 5am to finish it, heh heh).

I don't have Norton Utilities (got it at home but I'm in Uni) which I seem to recall can help with getting stuff back, but I was wondering if you could advise if there is any way to recover my work?

Oh yeah, I made the filename longer than Appleworks likes by changing it in the finder, could this have confused it enough to not save? The filename is "E. coli transcription regulation.cwk" but Appleworks is apparently calling it "E. coli transcription#E01D0.cwk".

Thanks very much in advance!

Phenyl Fairy

(X Posted elsewhere)

Oh yeah, I made the filename longer than Appleworks likes by changing it in the finder, could this have confused it enough to not save? The filename is "E. coli transcription regulation.cwk" but Appleworks is apparently calling it "E. coli transcription#E01D0.cwk".

Because the name of the file is too long. Sounds like this is possibly an email attachment that you were working on?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.