Is there any way to configure a hotkey to power up the machine from the keyboard?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

As far as I know, this is impossible because a USB or PS/2 keyboard gets its power from the motherboard. Therefore, the motherboard must be active and receiving power already to power the keyboard.

However, it's possible to put your computer into standby and use a keyboard to resume from standby. This is a default feature for Mac keyboards and some fancy Windows keyboards ... not sure if 3rd party software can do it too; it might be able to?

Is there any way to configure a hotkey to power up the machine from the keyboard?

Am I talking to myself here? I can't figure out how to post a new query. Perhaps this will be routed elsewhere. Is there a way to turn off or elimimate the dropdown list of previously searched sites in the Safari search window? It is annoying to type in one letter and get a ghosted column of words and destinations all begining with said letter. Also, how do I properly post a new question?

when you click MAc ,then hit the NEWtHREAD icon left side of the page just above ,Threads in Fourm :mac

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.