Hi guys,
i´m a newbie on mac world,
i recently bought a mac mini, and i want to move my info from my laptop to mini, but i can´t view any of both computers, i´m using a firewire, and i´d like to keep them connected on a home LAN.

other question, is: is there a program that let me manage my pics, i mean, all my pics, silent hill, resident evil etc etc, and keep them organized, but with a cool imaging capacity like acdsee does?
i already know that there´s a acdsee for mac, but it doen´t keep my images organized.

please please help me.

:o

Contributors
Replies
Views
12 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by JamesMadison

If the laptop is a PC, you may have to put the Mac Mini into target mode (boot it holding down the "t" key), this will put the mini into a firewire disk mode, so when connected via firewire to the laptop, it should show up as a regular external firewire disk. Copy as normal.

Have you tried using iPhoto?

thanks man,
i´ve already solve the problem regarding the win/mac networking, i found this pretty easy tute on the net, maybe someone else might need it:

http://www.macosx.org/osx_networking/setup_windows.html

It really helped me a lot.

About image databasing, i´m trying with ACD see 7.0 , but it excludes a lot of pics on its SEARCH function.
I need something more easier like the iTunes Finder.

Hay yellow, on reboot would the "t" command work on other devices such as a USB mobile phone or a USB micrscope(which wouldn't ordinerily register with finder and drivers are .exe[WIN]).

Hay yellow, on reboot would the "t" command work on other devices such as a USB mobile phone or a USB micrscope(which wouldn't ordinerily register with finder and drivers are .exe[WIN]).

Target mode only works on new world macs, and it puts them in a state that makes them appear like an external firewire drive. This is a function of the Mac Boot ROM, and doesn't have anything to do with phones and microphones. Just think of it like this: Any device that you have that can see external firewire hard drives, can use a mac in target mode.

Please note that a PC doesn't read/write to HFS+ and needs 3rd party software to do so. Like Macdrive.

About image databasing, i´m trying with ACD see 7.0 , but it excludes a lot of pics on its SEARCH function.
I need something more easier like the iTunes Finder.

Again, have you tried iPhoto? It is the iTunes of picture software. Sort of.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.