well, being an ex windows user, i have a lot of media in the most unimaginable formats including the classics real, wmv, mov, etc etc, so i was thinkin about convert all of them into quicktime native formats, maybe it will kinda hard to do, but maybe it´s better to have a single unified format in order to mantain them indexed and for a better databasing management,

what do you think? any of you guys have know some software to do the trick?
and one more question, i´ve extracted a file from a music dvd, and the output was some .vob format. how do i change it to some "more readable" format like mov or mpeg?

thanks guys

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I think you'll be hard pressed to get all your media into QT format.
What you might be missing is 1) some codecs (like DivX), 2) some media players (like WMP and RealPlayer).

I know what u mean you'll need a hex editor for the file or fast find on a Mac
to make the file assoiated with quickime there's a 4 letter code for it but that here TYPE:
and the Creator Code: TVOD is the QuickTime creator code.
then save settings. now you have your file assoiated with QuickTime. "BUT MAKE SURE THAT QUICKTIME IS CAPABLE OF PLAYING BACK THE FILE TYPES YOUR PROCESSING TO AVOID SYSTEM ISSUES".

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.