Hey guys,

The company I work for currently use Citrix to let Mac users access Word and Excel. However we have just updated all the Macs we have to Panther (10.3.9). Before the change they were using Outlook 2001 under classic, however we want to abolish classic and stay in Panther. We have looked at Entourage, Mail and Eudora but want to hear of others who have done this before using Citrix. It works superb for Word, Excel and Access but would like feedback before we make a choice!

Thanks

gn0m3

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Member Avatar for nicentral

I use Outlook over Citrix for checking my email via our VPN connection. It works great! However, with Office:MAC 2004 and Entourage, you're basically getting your Outlook client native to the Mac. I would go that way, and you'd get Work and Excel. You're still SOL for Access though.

Andy

Thanks Andy, we looked at buying Office and then using Entourage but after spending £20,000 upgrading the Macs and other software there is no cash left!! BTW have you tried word/excel etc over citrix?, blisteringly fast.

gn0m3

Member Avatar for nicentral

We have, but since you have to own a seat license for everyone that connects to Citrix, and everyone already has Office on their desktops, there's really no point. However, Citirix does make an excellent dumb terminal approach to computing. Bring on the 486s!

Andy

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.