I purchased a 32GB storage disk + reader. When I plug it into my USB port a message says that it is not readable by this computer. When I choose the initialize button Disk Utility opens but there is no initializing option. I have a Mac OS X version 10.4.11 PowerPC running Tiger.I purchased a 32GB storage disk + reader. When I plug it into my USB port a message says that it is not readable by this computer. When I choose the initialize button Disk Utility opens but there is no initializing option. I have a Mac OS X version 10.4.11 PowerPC running Tiger.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I purchased a 32GB storage disk + reader. When I plug it into my USB port a message says that it is not readable by this computer. When I choose the initialize button Disk Utility opens but there is no initializing option. I have a Mac OS X version 10.4.11 PowerPC running Tiger.I purchased a 32GB storage disk + reader. When I plug it into my USB port a message says that it is not readable by this computer. When I choose the initialize button Disk Utility opens but there is no initializing option. I have a Mac OS X version 10.4.11 PowerPC running Tiger.

Seems the easiest way to get help on this would be to contact the manufacturer.
Without more knowledge of the product (make,model,compatibility) it makes it hard to come to definitive answers.
Sorry I couldn't help more. Someone on here probably has had experience with them.

I once had that problem as well with my USB-Stick. I managed to get it working again under Linux. Try to format your storage there and even if it's not working you may can then format it under Mac.

Did work for me that time.

In the end I Googled, and found http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/203
Followed the instructions, worked a treat! Thanks to everyone who made suggestions.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.